Forum Thread: microsoft windows vista

You are currently viewing a forum thread in the Secunia Community Forum. Please note that opinions expressed here are not of Secunia but solely reflect those of the user who wrote it.

This thread was submitted in the following forum:
OSI

This thread has been marked as locked.
Granite King microsoft windows vista
Member 9th Sep, 2009 09:31
Ranking: 0
User Since: 12th Mar, 2009
System Score: N/A
secunia says i have a security threat-microsoft windows vista,i tried to download the solution but was passed to another page where i couldnt solve my problem,to be honest iam not sure what iam doing please help?
iam on vista home premium 32bit

Slamgeden RE: microsoft windows vista
Member 9th Sep, 2009 10:29
Score: 0
User Since: 17th Jul 2009
Doesn't the link take you to Win Update? Choose "critical" and install the updates.

--
Assorted Fnords.
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Granite King RE: microsoft windows vista
Member 9th Sep, 2009 12:54
User Since: 12th Mar 2009
thankyou,all done,the link did take me to a page that i tried to update but it didnt work,earlier i did take a look at control panel-windows update and had no updates but when i looked again i had 7,thankyou
Was this reply relevant?
+0
hfuren RE: microsoft windows vista
Member 12th Sep, 2009 14:42
User Since: 15th Jun 2009
I have the same problem and did all the udate which was available. Still
message from Secunia....Do not know what to do

Regards
hfuren, Noreway

--
hfuren
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Member 14th Sep, 2009 08:44
on 12th Sep, 2009 14:42, hfuren wrote:
I have the same problem and did all the udate which was available. Still
message from Secunia....Do not know what to do

Regards
hfuren, Noreway

Win doesn't always install updates right away. Try rebooting, as updates are frequently installed during restarts. Then rescan.

--
Assorted Fnords.
Was this reply relevant?
+0
This user no longer exists RE: microsoft windows vista
Member 14th Sep, 2009 14:20
I run Windows 7 Release Candidate, and Secunia tells me that Microsoft PowerPoint Viewer, that Microsoft XML Core Services, and Adobe Flash Player 10.x are not up-to-date. I've updated Adobe Flash Player with the latest updates, and Windows Update tells me that there are no updates available except for 33 language packs. I'm also told that both Internet Explorer 8 and Firefox 3.5 are insecure, but no solutions are available. What does Secunia know about Microsoft products that Microsoft doesn't know?
Was this reply relevant?
+0
This user no longer exists RE: microsoft windows vista
Member 14th Sep, 2009 16:22
on 14th Sep, 2009 14:20, wrote:
I run Windows 7 Release Candidate, and Secunia tells me that Microsoft PowerPoint Viewer, that Microsoft XML Core Services, and Adobe Flash Player 10.x are not up-to-date. I've updated Adobe Flash Player with the latest updates, and Windows Update tells me that there are no updates available except for 33 language packs. I'm also told that both Internet Explorer 8 and Firefox 3.5 are insecure, but no solutions are available. What does Secunia know about Microsoft products that Microsoft doesn't know?

There are lots of other posts on how to correct PowerPoint Viewer errors and one of those will help and same goes for Adobe Flash Player.

All browsers are insecure in Secunia's opinion but as long as you keep them up to date and you do not surf malicious sites and keep your anti virus application up to date then you should be fairly safe.
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Member 15th Sep, 2009 08:26
on 14th Sep, 2009 14:20, wrote:

Windows 7 Isn't supported. Don't expect everything to work.
With the firefox issue, what happens when you try to install the update? The solutions are available, or the PSI wouldn't show the software at all. You need Firefox 3.1.1.

--
Assorted Fnords.
Was this reply relevant?
+0

This thread has been marked as locked.