Forum Thread: SCANNER NO LONGER DETECTS ALL MY PROGRAMS WHY??

You are currently viewing a forum thread in the Secunia Community Forum. Please note that opinions expressed here are not of Secunia but solely reflect those of the user who wrote it.

This thread was submitted in the following forum:
OSI

This thread has been marked as locked.
mamaw1031 SCANNER NO LONGER DETECTS ALL MY PROGRAMS WHY??
Member 12th Sep, 2009 10:52
Ranking: 0
User Since: 12th Sep, 2009
System Score: N/A
I've used the Secunia online scanner for a couple of years now. It's always worked great in helping keep all my programs updated. My system is XP sp3 fully patched, I use Firefox newest version for browser, only use IE when absolutely necessary. I just downloaded and installed all the recent windows updates and also updated firefox. Then I ran Secunia and the only program it detects on my computer is Windows XP sp3, NOTHING else. So I ran it using IE with the same results. Now I downloaded the PSI version of the Secunia Scanner and it does the exact same thing. I've run each scanner about 3 times now with the same results. I always uncheck show only unsecure programs. So it should show all my programs and it isn't. Did the newest windows patches cause this??? Has anyone else had this problem?? HELP

This user no longer exists RE: SCANNER NO LONGER DETECTS ALL MY PROGRAMS WHY??
Member 12th Sep, 2009 15:46
Are you using SIMPLE mode or ADVANCED mode?
Try ADVANCED mode.
Was this reply relevant?
+0
mamaw1031 RE: SCANNER NO LONGER DETECTS ALL MY PROGRAMS WHY??
Member 13th Sep, 2009 02:29
Score: 0
User Since: 12th Sep 2009
Thank you for responding. Yes I tried the advance mode on the PSI and it shows all my programs. However, the OSI, which I preferred to use and have always used, still only shows Windows XP sp3 fully patched. It does not display any of my other programs like it always did. I always uncheck display only insecure programs so that it will show everything. The scans didn't display anything but Windows, NOTHING else, not even the programs that needed to be updated. Don't know what's wrong with their scanner. Guess I'll just continue with the PSI Scanner until the OSI is working properly. However, the PSI was much more detailed and I was able to remove some unnecessary programs and files. Thanks for your input.
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Adric RE: SCANNER NO LONGER DETECTS ALL MY PROGRAMS WHY??
Member 14th Sep, 2009 13:09
Score: 1
User Since: 25th Nov 2008
I just did an OSI scan and I no longer see this problem, so it looks like it's been fixed.

Al
Was this reply relevant?
+0

This thread has been marked as locked.