Forum Thread: Mode selection

You are currently viewing a forum thread in the Secunia Community Forum. Please note that opinions expressed here are not of Secunia but solely reflect those of the user who wrote it.

This thread was submitted in the following forum:
OSI

This thread has been marked as locked.
RogerB Mode selection
Member 12th Sep, 2009 19:49
Ranking: 0
User Since: 19th Dec, 2007
System Score: N/A
I have the same problem as another user--OSI only detects XP SP3. It was suggested the user switch the OSI mode from SIMPLE to ADVANCED; how do you do that for the OSI?

Slamgeden RE: Mode selection
Member 14th Sep, 2009 08:46
Score: 0
User Since: 17th Jul 2009
The OSI doesn't have "modes". But try and enable the other flags, or read the supported software list. Or try the PSI, that supports much more software.

--
Assorted Fnords.
Was this reply relevant?
+0
RogerB RE: Mode selection
Member 14th Sep, 2009 20:00
User Since: 19th Dec 2007
Last edited on 14th Sep, 2009 20:01
I have set both flags ("search everywhere" and "only display unsafe items") on and off, but there's no difference in the behavior. I can't use PSI because I'm on dial-up and PSI doesn't work on dial-up. I use Firefox for my browser, and I first noticed the problem with version 3.5.2; could this problem be browser-specific, or even add-on specific? (I just added the "Request Policy" add-on to Firefox, and that seems to have something to do with the problem.)
Thanks.
Roger Blair
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Slamgeden RE: Mode selection
Member 15th Sep, 2009 08:29
User Since: 17th Jul 2009
Many people reported the issue, but it seems to work now. It does for me, and for the people in other threads. How bout' you?

--
Assorted Fnords.
Was this reply relevant?
+0
RogerB RE: Mode selection
Member 16th Sep, 2009 01:35
User Since: 19th Dec 2007
I just ran OSI, with the "show only insecure programs " flag turned off, so I'd see everything that was checked. After a running time of 2:20, I got a message that I had no insecure programs; when I looked at the page, there were no--repeat, NO--programs listed, not even Windows XP (which had appeared before). Something seems to be wrong, or to have become wrong very recently. Does anyone have any ideas of other things I could try?
Was this reply relevant?
+0
This user no longer exists RE: Mode selection
Member 16th Sep, 2009 01:55
Last edited on 16th Sep, 2009 01:58
on 16th Sep, 2009 01:35, RogerB wrote:
I just ran OSI, with the "show only insecure programs " flag turned off, so I'd see everything that was checked. After a running time of 2:20, I got a message that I had no insecure programs; when I looked at the page, there were no--repeat, NO--programs listed, not even Windows XP (which had appeared before). Something seems to be wrong, or to have become wrong very recently. Does anyone have any ideas of other things I could try?

Works fine for me in IE8 with Display only insecure programs unchecked and ran for 29 Seconds

(unknown source)
Programs / Result Version Detected Status
Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack 3
Microsoft Windows XP Professional is up-to-date. Your system has all security related patches from Microsoft installed.
Microsoft Internet Explorer 8.x 8.0.6001.18702

Microsoft Outlook Express 6 6.00.2900.5512

Microsoft Windows Media Player 11.x 11.0.5721.5145

Adobe Flash Player 10.x 10.0.32.18

Sun Java JRE 1.6.x / 6.x 6.0.160.1
Sun Java JRE 1.6.x / 6.x is up-to-date. The detected version installed on your system is 6.0.160.1, which either corresponds to or is newer than the latest secure version released by the vendor.

Installed on Your System in:
C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\java.exe
Was this reply relevant?
+0

This thread has been marked as locked.