Forum Thread: [i]Secunia repeated "unsecure", with latest Opera browser Version...

You are currently viewing a forum thread in the Secunia Community Forum. Please note that opinions expressed here are not of Secunia but solely reflect those of the user who wrote it.

This thread was submitted in the following forum:
Programs

This thread has been marked as locked.
Paladin Creations [i]Secunia repeated "unsecure", with latest Opera browser Version 10.1, on Windows 7[/i]
Member 2nd Dec, 2009 10:00
Ranking: 0
User Since: 13th Jan, 2009
System Score: N/A
I have now got Windows 7 after having Windows Vista, I have had to do a clean install for various reasons so I had to clean install Secunia also but when I downloaded the latest version of the Opera browser 10.1 which is installed in D: drive? I keep getting the same box from Secunia telling me that it is insecure, I clicked the "solution" radio button but it just takes me to the Opera page to download the same again. Has anyone a solution to stop this repeat? I have re-scanned but no fix??
Regards John

--
Paladin Creations

This user no longer exists RE: [i]Secunia repeated "unsecure", with latest Opera browser Version 10.1, on Windows 7[/i]
Secunia Official 2nd Dec, 2009 10:17
Hi

Try to look at the path for the insecure Opera, provided by the PSI to see if it's in a backup folder or similar.

If you are unsure what to do, then please post the path in your next reply.

--
Kind regards,

Morten Hansen
Secunia PSI Support

Secunia PSI
http://secunia.com/vulnerability_scanning/personal
Paladin Creations RE: [i]Secunia repeated "unsecure", with latest Opera browser Version 10.1, on Windows 7[/i]
Member 6th Dec, 2009 14:57
Score: 0
User Since: 13th Jan 2009
UPDATE All is now solved I'm pleased to tell you, I had a double-boot computer set up as my older Windows Vista had the Opera 10.1 on it as well as the Windows 7 and it was the one on the Vista that Secunia was detecting as a security threat, I suddenly thought that if I uninstalled the Vista version from Vista, it would cure it, and it has :-) so I would advise anyone else who has the same problem to do the same.
Cheers JOHN

--
Paladin Creations
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Paladin Creations RE: [i]Secunia repeated "unsecure", with latest Opera browser Version 10.1, on Windows 7[/i]
Member 6th Dec, 2009 15:01
Score: 0
User Since: 13th Jan 2009
Thank you Morten Hansen of Secunia for your advice, much appreciated
Kind Regards JOHN

--
Paladin Creations
Was this reply relevant?
+0

This thread has been marked as locked.