Forum Thread: PSI scan runs over and over again

You are currently viewing a forum thread in the Secunia Community Forum. Please note that opinions expressed here are not of Secunia but solely reflect those of the user who wrote it.

This thread was submitted in the following forum:
PSI

This thread has been marked as locked.
martyhalpern PSI scan runs over and over again
Member 16th Dec, 2009 04:53
Ranking: 5
User Since: 9th Jul, 2008
System Score: N/A
Hello,

I last ran PSI on my laptop in mid-November; since I don't use the laptop as often, I only run PSI occasionally. I just ran it now; the scan took just over 6 minutes; however, as the pop-up results were listed, the scan had started again on its own in the background. This scan took about 20 seconds, yielding the exact same results (i.e. 2 insecure programs). I got the same pop-up window -- and, in the background, the scan ran again for another 20 seconds, yielding the same pop-up. It continued like this until I manually clicked the Stop Scan button. Interestingly enough, the Last Scan date wasn't updated, but still showed the mid-Nov date, and the two insecure programs listed in the pop-up were not on the Insecure Programs page when I clicked there.

What's up with this? Anyone else having this problem?

At this point in time, the only thing I can think of is to completely uninstall PSI and then try to reinstall it again.

By the way, per another person's thread, I'm having the same difficulty as many others updating Adobe Flash Player 10. I update it but insecure listing never goes away.

Cheers,
- marty

Ana RE: PSI scan runs over and over again
Member 16th Dec, 2009 08:21
Score: 0
User Since: 28th Dec 2007
Yes, I'm having the same issue. Hadn't logged on for maybe 7-10 days. But not even manually clicking the Stop button is stopping my scans! And I'm getting the popup every ten seconds or so. Great fun.
Was this reply relevant?
+0
davidrrobinson RE: PSI scan runs over and over again
Member 18th Dec, 2009 15:19
User Since: 21st Aug 2009
Last edited on 18th Dec, 2009 15:20
I'm having the same problem too. In my case the @#$(@*&)($@ status popup keeps popping up every 5-10 seconds.

Time to uninstall. Too bad is it is very useful, but when you get annoying pop-ups every 10 seconds, that makes it pretty much useless.
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Member 18th Dec, 2009 15:26
I had version 1.5.0.0, upgraded to 1.5.0.1. Same problem occurs. I guess I have no choice but to uninstall.
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Leendert Kip PSI scan runs over and over again
Contributor 18th Dec, 2009 15:44
Score: 137
User Since: 22nd Jan 2009
Last edited on 18th Dec, 2009 15:45
This is a very strange problem! I never seen it before. Normally technical people at Secunia are monitoring the forum regularly, but up
to now I didn't see any reply from them. My advice: write a mail to their support dept: support@secunia.com. My experience is that they will
react and help you.

--
PC: PWA Computers
Intel Core I3 2100 3.1Ghz
Kingston DDR3 ValueRam 4GB 1333
Kingston SSD SV300S 240GB
Windows 7 Home Premium 64bits SP1
Secunia PSI 3.0.0.11005
Internet Explorer 11
Mozilla Firefox 59.0.2NL
Google Chrome 66.0.3359.117

Laptop: MSI GT780DX
Intel Core I5-2450
DDR3 RAM 6GB
Windows 7 Home Premium 64bits SP1
Secunia PSI 3.0.0.11005
Internet Explorer 11
Mozilla Firefox 59.0.2NL
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Langtounlad RE: PSI scan runs over and over again
Member 18th Dec, 2009 18:44
User Since: 9th Nov 2009
Yes I've got the identical same issue with repeating scans. JavaRa solves the Adobe 10 problem by removing the old Adobe versions
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Langtounlad RE: PSI scan runs over and over again
Member 18th Dec, 2009 19:29
User Since: 9th Nov 2009
Check that your system date is correct - fixing that solved my problem.
Was this reply relevant?
+0
martyhalpern RE: PSI scan runs over and over again
Member 18th Dec, 2009 19:38
Score: 5
User Since: 9th Jul 2008
The system date/time on my laptop is not an issue. And I can't believe that the people so far who have posted to this thread all have a problem with their system time. I'm actually pleased that it resolved your problem with Secunia, but there still is a larger issue here.

Thanks,
- marty
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Member 20th Dec, 2009 02:01
This was on my wife's laptop and the date was a month ahead. Changed the date to the correct one and the repeated pop-ups went away. Still, they should fix the problem.
Was this reply relevant?
+0
This user no longer exists RE: PSI scan runs over and over again
Member 21st Dec, 2009 09:58
Last edited on 21st Dec, 2009 09:58 Hi,
Could I ask you to check your system date? Having an incorrect system date can potentially cause this problem, so it's important to have an accurate date.
You could also try closing down the PSI, starting it again and trying a rescan, preferably after you ensure your system date is accurate.
Hope this helps.
Was this reply relevant?
+0

This thread has been marked as locked.