Forum Thread: Easeus Partition Master 4.x

You are currently viewing a forum thread in the Secunia Community Forum. Please note that opinions expressed here are not of Secunia but solely reflect those of the user who wrote it.

This thread was submitted in the following forum:
Programs

Relating to this vendor:
EASEUS
And, this specific program:
EASEUS Partition Master 4.x

This thread has been marked as locked.
whaler Easeus Partition Master 4.x
Member 23rd Dec, 2009 06:13
Ranking: 0
User Since: 25th May, 2009
System Score: N/A
Easeus Partition Master is great freeware, but Secunia says it's insecure. There's a direct download to the patch, which I've downloaded and extracted into several places on my computer. I replaced the insecure file with it, tried loading it into system 32, and I even deleted the program entirely and loaded the newest version from their website. It still says it's insecure. Does anyone have any idea where else I might try extracting the files to? This is one of the best pieces of freeware I've ever come across and I hate the idea of losing it. Thanks for listening.

This user no longer exists RE: Easeus Partition Master 4.x
Secunia Official 23rd Dec, 2009 08:08
Hi

Easeus Patition Master uses a vulnerable version of GTK+ 2.x (like many other programs)

You can read more here: http://secunia.com/community/forum/thread/show/226...

Alternatively you can contact the development team and ask them to update their GTK+ library.

0uY3q09wEOXK7l4ireR5FBK... RE: Easeus Partition Master 4.x
Member 23rd Dec, 2009 09:00
Score: 0
User Since: 26th Dec 2009
Hi, whaler,

I have the same problem and have just had this reply from the EASEUS Forum:
EASEUS Support.
Our product has no any security threat; please make sure you download our product from our website.
http://www.partition-tool.com/download.htm
If the Secunia still prompt the warning you mentioned, you can pass the warning, our product will not damage your system.
What are you doing about it?

Was this reply relevant?
+0
whaler RE: Easeus Partition Master 4.x
Member 25th Dec, 2009 00:58
User Since: 25th May 2009
I have extracted the solution files Secunia offers into every possible place I can think of and I'm still getting the warning. I would love it if someone from secunia would say where to extract the files to. I uninstalled the program entirely and reinstalled the latest version and no change. I followed the path secunia gave and deleted the file. Again, no change.I know Secunia has made errors in the past, so maybe this is another error. Since it's only a cat.1 threat I'm going to ignore it just like I ignore IE8 and Firefox browser insecurities. What else can we do?
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Member 25th Dec, 2009 01:34
Last edited on 25th Dec, 2009 01:34
Easeus says there are no vulnerabilities in the program. I have extracted your so called fix into 15 or more places on my computer and it doesn't change anything. I really think your program is misreading again just as it did recently when it said IE8 and XP home edition were insecure. then too you had a direct download link, only when I followed it, there was nothing there. Several hours later the threats vanished and were replaced by flash player warnings. I don't expect Secunia to be perfect, but I think you should admit when the program fails. I know for sure it failed before and it seems it has failed again with this Easeus warning. If I'm wrong, where should the zipped files go?

whaler
Was this reply relevant?
+0
0uY3q09wEOXK7l4ireR5FBK... RE: Easeus Partition Master 4.x
Member 25th Dec, 2009 06:55
User Since: 26th Dec 2009
Hi again, whaler. I must have been lucky. I just copied the two libgdk-win32-2.0-0.dll files to: C:\Program Files\EASEUS\EASEUS Partition Master 4.1.1 Home Edition\bin and my problem is solved.
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Member 25th Dec, 2009 15:50
In response to Ted who I wish a very Happy Holiday, I did extract the files to the precise location you suggested as well as several other locations. I tried installing it over the old one and deleting the old one first, then installing the one from secunia. Neither worked. Nevertheless, I thank you for your help.

whaler
Was this reply relevant?
+0

This thread has been marked as locked.