Forum Thread: Cetegory 5 security threat

You are currently viewing a forum thread in the Secunia Community Forum. Please note that opinions expressed here are not of Secunia but solely reflect those of the user who wrote it.

This thread was submitted in the following forum:
Programs

Relating to this vendor:
Microsoft
And, this specific program:
Microsoft Windows 7

This thread has been marked as locked.
myska Cetegory 5 security threat
Member 24th Dec, 2009 01:53
Ranking: 0
User Since: 23rd Dec, 2009
System Score: N/A
Last edited on 24th Dec, 2009 02:27

whaler RE: Cetegory 5 security threat
Member 24th Dec, 2009 02:34
Score: 0
User Since: 25th May 2009
I would have to hear more about your computer before I could think of what could be causing it. I'm running Windows 7 ultimate and I haven't gotten any warnings from Secunia about it. If you're talking about IE7 that's another story, but you're the first person I know of to get a warning about W7.

Whaler
Was this reply relevant?
+0
pook RE: Cetegory 5 security threat
Member 24th Dec, 2009 22:10
User Since: 13th Jul 2008
I ended up running a specific search at Microsoft Update and it found whatever my computer was missing. I tried to delete my post but was only able to edit and remove the body.

Do you know how to delete a post once it has been posted?

Was this reply relevant?
+0
This user no longer exists RE: Cetegory 5 security threat
Member 28th Dec, 2009 08:48
Last edited on 28th Dec, 2009 08:48 Hi,
we generally don't close threads after a problem has been resolved. It can be quite helpful for users to have an archive of old problems + solutions so search in case a similar problem could arise. Deleting the Original Post will only cause the thread to look confusing to readers.
Hope this helps.
Was this reply relevant?
+0
whaler RE: Cetegory 5 security threat
Member 28th Dec, 2009 16:43
User Since: 25th May 2009
I'm glad you pointed that out. I was the first member to respond and when I went back later to see if anything else had been added the content of the original thread was gone and I couldn't remember what the question was. If it were up to me, I'd delete the thread entirely because as you said without the content no one knows what it's about.

whaler
Was this reply relevant?
+0
pook RE: Cetegory 5 security threat
Member 28th Dec, 2009 23:47
User Since: 13th Jul 2008
I did not realize that that was the process; or I would not have deleted the content. At the time, I found the problem fixed and did not want to inconvinience others by answering a question that had been dealt with. In the future I leave a simple thank you reply and leave the content alone.
Was this reply relevant?
+0

This thread has been marked as locked.