Forum Thread: Can't patch or uninstall

You are currently viewing a forum thread in the Secunia Community Forum. Please note that opinions expressed here are not of Secunia but solely reflect those of the user who wrote it.

This thread was submitted in the following forum:
Programs

Relating to this vendor:
Adobe Systems
And, this specific program:
Adobe Flash Player 10.x

This thread has been marked as locked.
GOLDENBOYWPG Can't patch or uninstall
Member 28th Dec, 2009 11:16
Ranking: 0
User Since: 27th Dec, 2009
System Score: N/A
I have 2 active X controls from Flash player that I haven't been able to patch or remove. They are: Flash10c.ocx and Flash10d.ocx and they are active X controls. I'm the administrator of my computer, so why the heck can't I uninstall these things???? I've tried patching them with the Secunia appl. but it's not working. So, I've gone directly into the file and tried to uninstall these 2 darn active X's but for some reason the system won't let me. Please help as these are the only things left for me to complete for a 100% rating instead of 99%,lol. I know it doesn't seem like a big deal but I'm so close to 100% and these 2 darn things are the only things holding me back. Plus, as the owner of this desktop, I should be able to install or uninstall anything on my computer. Thanks and please help.

Mcd73165 RE: Can't patch or uninstall
Member 28th Dec, 2009 13:54
Score: 8
User Since: 13th May 2009
Hi. Flash10c.ocx is causing your problem. Go here http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/141/tn_14157.html and download the Flash Player uninstaller. Reboot and the Flash10c.ocx file should be gone. Reinstall Flash Player Plug-in and Active X control.
Mark
Was this reply relevant?
+0
charlie204 RE: Can't patch or uninstall
Member 28th Dec, 2009 18:14
Score: 0
User Since: 4th Oct 2008
If you have the D version already, you ought to be able to simply erase the C version. If you are blocked, then that means that some software is still using that version. Try re-booting first. (By the way Secunia PSI uses the active X control in order to draw the colored barrels in the overview tab.)
Was this reply relevant?
+0
GOLDENBOYWPG RE: Can't patch or uninstall
Member 28th Dec, 2009 19:47
Score: 0
User Since: 27th Dec 2009
Hi folks. All fixed and thanks for the help.
Was this reply relevant?
+0

This thread has been marked as locked.