Forum Thread: scan takes 2 seconds - detects nothing!

You are currently viewing a forum thread in the Secunia Community Forum. Please note that opinions expressed here are not of Secunia but solely reflect those of the user who wrote it.

This thread was submitted in the following forum:
PSI

This thread has been marked as locked.
Bullwinkle scan takes 2 seconds - detects nothing!
Member 30th Dec, 2009 04:50
Ranking: 0
User Since: 29th Nov, 2008
System Score: N/A
I am using Secunia PSW 1.5.0.0 on a Win Vista 32 laptop. When I run the scan it completes in 2 seconds !? and finds nothing, though it saya the scan completed successfully. It also always says the last scan was 31 Dec 69, 19:00, which is impossible. On the Overview tab there is "no data to display." There are question marks [?] after all the indicators: System Score, Last Full System Scan, etc. Obviously the program is not working, but why?

This user no longer exists RE: scan takes 2 seconds - detects nothing!
Member 30th Dec, 2009 05:48
Looks like you are using a down level of PSI:
Current version 1.5.0.1
http://secunia.com/vulnerability_scanning/personal

Try that version.
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Member 30th Dec, 2009 08:53
on 30th Dec, 2009 04:50, Bullwinkle wrote:
I am using Secunia PSW 1.5.0.0 on a Win Vista 32 laptop. When I run the scan it completes in 2 seconds !? and finds nothing, though it saya the scan completed successfully. It also always says the last scan was 31 Dec 69, 19:00, which is impossible. On the Overview tab there is "no data to display." There are question marks [?] after all the indicators: System Score, Last Full System Scan, etc. Obviously the program is not working, but why?

Hi,
First, please verify your system date is accurate. Incorrectly set clocks frequently cause issues.

After that, please try re-scanning and let us know if this has solved the issue.

on 30th Dec, 2009 05:48, wrote:
Looks like you are using a down level of PSI:
Current version 1.5.0.1
http://secunia.com/vulnerability_scanning/personal

Try that version.

Hi,
That shouldn't be necessary. As you can see from our changelog (http://secunia.com/vulnerability_scanning/personal...) for 1.5.0.1 only extra languages were added, and it's unnecessary to download this version unless you require access to our 26 new localizations.
Was this reply relevant?
+0
calvin400 RE: scan takes 2 seconds - detects nothing!
Member 30th Dec, 2009 21:14
Score: 0
User Since: 30th Dec 2009
avast beta will cause that .happened to me
Was this reply relevant?
+0
howardrg RE: scan takes 2 seconds - detects nothing!
Member 31st Dec, 2009 01:16
User Since: 6th Sep 2009
My system date is set properly (I checked it using the control panel applet "date and time"). Now it has developed another problem: when I start the program, it never gets past "please wait while network connectivity is verified" (stuck at the horizontal "barber pole). And I DO have connectivity to my home wifi network -- browser and email work fine and the icon in the notification area says I'm connected. Now what?
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Member 31st Dec, 2009 01:21
well it finally came up and displayed the "welcome to secunia PSI" dialog box. I then clicked the "close and view scan progress" button. But there was no scan in progress. So I clicked the "start scan" button. "Completed" in 2 seconds flat with a system score of 0. Still not working.
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Member 8th Jan, 2010 09:57
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Member 8th Jan, 2010 15:51
Thanks for your reply. I solved the issue by uninstalling and then re-installing Secunia PSI. It now works fine.
Was this reply relevant?
+0

This thread has been marked as locked.