Forum Thread: Rules not working in Windows 7 for EOL programs?

You are currently viewing a forum thread in the Secunia Community Forum. Please note that opinions expressed here are not of Secunia but solely reflect those of the user who wrote it.

This thread was submitted in the following forum:
Programs

Relating to this vendor:
Business Objects
And, this specific program:
Crystal Reports 9.x

This thread has been marked as locked.
pdxguy58 Rules not working in Windows 7 for EOL programs?
Member 8th Jan, 2010 07:51
Ranking: 0
User Since: 8th Jan, 2010
System Score: N/A
I have a end-of-life program that shows up in 3 places. Not a problem as it truly is in three places: one is a download location, another is a temp install folder, and the third is the actual install folder. I created rules to ignore the first two situations so that only the actual installed location is flagged. However, all three continue to show up scan after scan. Am I doing something wrong? or is this normal? or are there problems with rules in Win7?

Thanks,
Brian
--
HP Mini 1101
Intel Atom N270
Windows 7 Professional

This user no longer exists RE: Rules not working in Windows 7 for EOL programs?
Member 8th Jan, 2010 08:47
Last edited on 8th Jan, 2010 10:06 Hi Brian,
as far as we know, the rules should work with Windows 7 as with any other version of windows. If not, we'll find and get rid of the problem.

It would be very helpful if you could post the following information:
The path to all entries for the program that were detected
The exact ignore rule you put into place
Was this reply relevant?
+0
pdxguy58 RE: Rules not working in Windows 7 for EOL programs?
Member 8th Jan, 2010 09:18
Score: 0
User Since: 8th Jan 2010
System Score: N/A
Here's the file paths and rules:

1: C:\Users\BrianC\Downloads\Crystal Reports 9.22\Crystal Reports 9.22\ProgramF\CRYSTAL\CRW9\crw32.exe

2: C:\Users\BrianC\AppData\Local\Temp\Temp1_Crystal Reports 9.22\Crystal Reports 9.22\ProgramF\CRYSTAL\CRW9\crw32.exe

3: C:\Program Files\Crystal Decisions\Crystal Reports 9\crw32.exe

The rules:

1: name: cr9 download
rule: C:\Users\BrianC\Downloads\Crystal Reports 9.22\Crystal Reports 9.22\ProgramF\CRYSTAL\CRW9\crw32.exe

2: name: cr9 temp
rule: C:\Users\BrianC\AppData\Local\Temp\Temp1_Crystal Reports 9.22\Crystal Reports 9.22\ProgramF\CRYSTAL\CRW9\crw32.exe

Just to be sure, I deleted all relevant rules and re-added them. No difference, same issue. BTW, I'm running PSI v. 1.5.0.1.

Thanks.
Was this reply relevant?
+0
This user no longer exists RE: Rules not working in Windows 7 for EOL programs?
Member 8th Jan, 2010 10:04
Last edited on 8th Jan, 2010 10:04 Hi,
To help us discover exactly what the problem might be, please delete both ignore rules, and instead add
C:\Users\BrianC\AppData\Local\Temp\Temp1_Crystal Reports 9.22\Crystal Reports 9.22\ProgramF\CRYSTAL\CRW9\
and
C:\Users\BrianC\Downloads\Crystal Reports 9.22\Crystal Reports 9.22\ProgramF\CRYSTAL\CRW9\
as ignore rules.
Was this reply relevant?
+0

This thread has been marked as locked.