Forum Thread: Microsoft Word 2002

You are currently viewing a forum thread in the Secunia Community Forum. Please note that opinions expressed here are not of Secunia but solely reflect those of the user who wrote it.

This thread was submitted in the following forum:
PSI

This thread has been marked as locked.
Nikilet Microsoft Word 2002
Member 11th Jan, 2010 03:31
Ranking: 7
User Since: 15th Jul, 2008
System Score: N/A
Microsoft Word 2002 shows as insecure. File path is
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\WINWORD.EXE

No updates come through Windows Update for this. I don't use this. Can I just remove it? If I remove it will there be files I won't be able to open?

This user no longer exists RE: Microsoft Word 2002
Member 11th Jan, 2010 09:58
on 11th Jan, 2010 03:31, Nikilet wrote:
Microsoft Word 2002 shows as insecure. File path is
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\WINWORD.EXE

No updates come through Windows Update for this. I don't use this. Can I just remove it? If I remove it will there be files I won't be able to open?

Hi,
Please enable the Advanced interface. You can achieve this by clicking "Advanced" from the top-right corner.

Is Word 2002 placed under Insecure, or End-Of-Life? An End-Of-Life product has no updates, the vendor has stopped supporting it. An insecure product should have a download link. If there is no link, try reading the Secunia Advisory to determine the minimum secure version.

If you remove Windows Word you will be unable to open .doc and other Microsoft document files, unless you install another program capable of reading such files.
Hope this helps.
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Nikilet RE: Microsoft Word 2002
Member 11th Jan, 2010 17:18
Score: 7
User Since: 15th Jul 2008
System Score: N/A
I want to thank you for your reply, but I went ahead and removed this last evening. I guess I'll cross the next bridge when I come to it. Do you know of any other program I could use for opening a doc file?
Was this reply relevant?
+0

This thread has been marked as locked.