Forum Thread: Secunia PSI

You are currently viewing a forum thread in the Secunia Community Forum. Please note that opinions expressed here are not of Secunia but solely reflect those of the user who wrote it.

This thread was submitted in the following forum:
PSI

This thread has been marked as locked.
cybersurfer Secunia PSI
Member 17th Jan, 2010 14:12
Ranking: -9
User Since: 7th Sep, 2009
System Score: N/A
My first time here so I hope this is the correct area to post in.
I've been using Secunia PSI for several months now & have been 100% happy with it till recently when it now tells me I have to upgrade to "avast! Home/Professional 4.x" the paid version of Avast. I have no intention of doing such. I have the current free version installed & contented with it.
Is it a glitch with Secunia PSI or ???

This user no longer exists RE: Secunia PSI
Member 18th Jan, 2010 12:25
Hi,
"Avast! Home Edition/Professional 4.x" is one rule for both the Avast! Home Edition and Avast! Professional.
As you can see here, http://www.avast.com/eng/avast_4_home.html, the home
edition is the free edition you are using.

The PSI does not recommend installing new software, it strictly points out inadequately patched programs, and try to provide download links to the solution to the problem. Try clicking the "Solution" button in the PSI, or using Avast!'s own update feature (if any), then rescanning. This should hopefully result in getting your system back to 100% secure.
Was this reply relevant?
+0
This user no longer exists RE: Secunia PSI
Member 18th Jan, 2010 15:15
Last edited on 18th Jan, 2010 15:19 Make sure you select ADVANCED mode in PSI then select Insecure then Insecure Programs then click on + in avast! to show the location of the reported file and post its location here.

The correct location of avast! v4 is:
C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashServ.exe
Was this reply relevant?
+0
cybersurfer RE: Secunia PSI
Member 18th Jan, 2010 23:58
Score: -9
User Since: 7th Sep 2009
System Score: N/A
on 18th Jan, 2010 15:15, wrote:
Make sure you select ADVANCED mode in PSI then select Insecure then Insecure Programs then click on + in avast! to show the location of the reported file and post its location here.

The correct location of avast! v4 is:
C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashServ.exe

I'm not technologically advanced enough to select Advanced.How ever, I went to C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashServ
PROBLEM Solved. Updated both definitions & program & re ran the scan & I'm now 100%. Thanks all :):):)
Was this reply relevant?
+0

This thread has been marked as locked.