Forum Thread: Clean old entries in PSI

You are currently viewing a forum thread in the Secunia Community Forum. Please note that opinions expressed here are not of Secunia but solely reflect those of the user who wrote it.

This thread was submitted in the following forum:
PSI

This thread has been marked as locked.
blanenc Clean old entries in PSI
Member 18th Jan, 2010 14:25
Ranking: 0
User Since: 4th Jan, 2010
System Score: N/A
Now that I've changed to Windows 7 I see that there are shown a lot of programs which I don't have installed any more at least for the moment

Is it possible to clear the entries and start from the beginning?

This user no longer exists RE: Clean old entries in PSI
Member 18th Jan, 2010 15:02
on 18th Jan, 2010 14:25, blanenc wrote:
Now that I've changed to Windows 7 I see that there are shown a lot of programs which I don't have installed any more at least for the moment

Is it possible to clear the entries and start from the beginning?

Hi,
The PSI doesn't store the list of software on your machine indefinitively.
Each scan should reveal software that has been removed. If the entry persists, not all files have been removed, since the PSI need a file that matches it's signature for a specific application to report that app as present.

You should verify these entries aren't in a backup folder, potentially Windows.old (created when upgrading to Windows 7 or vista) by entering Advanced mode (click "Advanced" in the top right corner), navigating to the program entry (in the Insecure tab) and clicking + to expand the entry. The "Installation path" value shows where the file the PSI is detecting is located.
Hope this helps.
Was this reply relevant?
+0

This thread has been marked as locked.