Forum Thread: Unable to resolve IP & Page File?

You are currently viewing a forum thread in the Secunia Community Forum. Please note that opinions expressed here are not of Secunia but solely reflect those of the user who wrote it.

This thread was submitted in the following forum:
PSI

This thread has been marked as locked.
eDOC Unable to resolve IP & Page File?
Member 27th Jan, 2010 18:10
Ranking: 0
User Since: 18th May, 2009
System Score: N/A

This user no longer exists RE: Unable to resolve IP & Page File?
Member 28th Jan, 2010 10:09
Hi,
Our site IP is 213.150.41.226
You can always find the IP of any site using nslookup. There should be tutorials online, but "nslookup www.example.com" (at the command prompt) usually does the trick.

You video card should not affect AV and normal program performance. Your video card helps render graphics, and does not do regular processing.

To use the PSI, it is necessary to have a reliable internet connection. I would contact my ISP if I were you.

A fresh machine with 2 GB RAM and a decent CPU should likely not be so sluggish. Have you been able to successfully complete a virus scan?

Increasing the size of the page file might increase overall runspeed, but not by much, and it strongly depends on your disk's speed if it will really have an impact. The size of the pagefile is unlikely to be the only issue.
Hope this helps.

Was this reply relevant?
+0
eDOC RE: Unable to resolve IP & Page File?
Member 28th Jan, 2010 14:22
Score: 0
User Since: 18th May 2009
Thanks.......don't have a video card.....AV scan is clear & the machine is clean.....any thoughts?

Was this reply relevant?
+0
Member 28th Jan, 2010 14:23
CPU is T2400 @ 1.83 GHZ.
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Member 28th Jan, 2010 14:28
nslookup says........."A DNS reverse lookup on this IP address does not work"
Was this reply relevant?
+0
This user no longer exists RE: Unable to resolve IP & Page File?
Member 28th Jan, 2010 14:43
Last edited on 28th Jan, 2010 14:46
on 28th Jan, 2010 14:28, eDOC wrote:
nslookup says........."A DNS reverse lookup on this IP address does not work"

Hi,
this is the Microsoft online documentation for nslookup http://support.microsoft.com/kb/200525

There are no Secunia tools to speed up your PC (as that is not our purpose), but I am confident it should be possible for you to locate some useful guides to speeding up windows by searching around.

Good luck!

PS:
It is possible to append text to your original post by pressing "edit" and adding what you forgot to say. This bit is edited in after the original post. This prevents you from "double-posting", which is generally considered bad "netiquette" as it makes threads harder to read. ;)
Was this reply relevant?
+0

This thread has been marked as locked.