Forum Thread: psi won't connect

You are currently viewing a forum thread in the Secunia Community Forum. Please note that opinions expressed here are not of Secunia but solely reflect those of the user who wrote it.

This thread was submitted in the following forum:
PSI

This thread has been marked as locked.
angelj psi won't connect
Member 30th Jan, 2010 23:56
Ranking: 0
User Since: 13th Jul, 2008
System Score: N/A
Last edited on 30th Jan, 2010 23:57

PSI will no longer connect on my computer. It either stays on "Please wait while network connectivity is verified" or says "The Psi cannot connect to the internet" even though I am currently connected. I do have the latest version of it.

Is there anything at all that I can do?

I am running IE8 and Firefox 3.6

My Comodo firewall has been configured to allow Psi to connect to the internet.

I do have a dial-up connection but it didn't keep Psi from working before. :(

Thanks in advance to anyone who replies.

fobs RE: psi won't connect
Member 31st Jan, 2010 00:47
Score: 0
User Since: 16th Oct 2008
It seems we are in the same boat angelj. This is a baffling situation and one which I hope Secunia has an answer for. I hope that nothing on my laptop has been compromised to prevent PSI from functioning correctly.

This is my post:

http://secunia.com/community/forum/thread/show/341...

and this is one of the posts I found that related to this issue:

http://secunia.com/community/forum/thread/show/258...

I don't know if you saw these posts; if not, I hope something in the above thread helps you resolve your issue.

--
ediabid
Was this reply relevant?
+0
CraigS26 RE: psi won't connect
Member 31st Jan, 2010 16:44
Score: 6
User Since: 8th Nov 2009
Last edited on 31st Jan, 2010 20:39
http://secunia.com/community/forum/thread/show/322...

I posted same (Can't Connect to Internet)in November & Emil P. had me check a Fire Wall issue and 2 IE items in above post regardless if I use FF - I do/FF3.6. You should do same although neither involved a solution for me. Thawte Certificates (for me) are in IE Options - Contents Tab with varied categories that create questions for me (ie) is this the Thawte Certificate location he mentioned?. There isn't a Thawte Certificate line that specifically states SSL, & I wonder if it's missing or part of a line shown.

Note: I don't know what Emil's statement means: ["The Secunia SSL certificate is signed by Thawte. If the Thawte site is not accessible from the computer, and if this option is selected, then the PSI will fail to connect to our site.] Where's the Thawte Site "accessible from the computer" he mentions and Where do you Select the "option" he mentions?

I FIRST NOTICED THIS "Cannot Access Internet" Pop-up AFTER A SCHEDULED SCAN DAY Start Time & decided the Scheduled Scan was Stuck. Manual Scans were/continue to be Fine. A 2nd issue I've posted (re: Malwarebytes Live)has occurred After a Scheduled Scan Day Start Time. Does your Pop-up occur on Scheduled Scan days ONLY? May help Experts to find a solution.

--
Win 7-64 Hm Prem - i5 8G - FF / IE 11 - ESET ESS - MBAM Prem 3 - SuperAS Pro - Macrium Reflect - DK Pro '15 - PSI 3 - EPIM MAIL - No Flash or Java
Was this reply relevant?
+0
angelj RE: psi won't connect
Member 31st Jan, 2010 21:40
User Since: 13th Jul 2008
Last edited on 31st Jan, 2010 21:41
thanks to you both for your replies and for posting the links. I do appreciate it.

I tried some of the suggestions but unfortunately, no luck.

Hope you find solutions to your problems soon as well.
Was this reply relevant?
+0
This user no longer exists RE: psi won't connect
Member 1st Feb, 2010 10:16
Was this reply relevant?
+0
angelj RE: psi won't connect
Member 7th Feb, 2010 20:08
User Since: 13th Jul 2008
Last edited on 7th Feb, 2010 20:09
on 1st Feb, 2010 10:16, wrote:
Hi,
Please open Internet Explorer and go to Tools->Internet Options->Advanced->Security->Check for server certificate revocation...

Hi, thanks for your reply.
I did try that and unfortunately, it didn't work for me. :(

Thanks anyway. I'm at a loss. Maybe I'll just wait until a new version comes out and try again.

Was this reply relevant?
+0

This thread has been marked as locked.