Forum Thread: Adobe 9.3 fixes NOS Microsystems issue that Software Inspector re...

You are currently viewing a forum thread in the Secunia Community Forum. Please note that opinions expressed here are not of Secunia but solely reflect those of the user who wrote it.

This thread was submitted in the following forum:
PSI

This thread has been marked as locked.
BirchHill Adobe 9.3 fixes NOS Microsystems issue that Software Inspector reports as "insecure"
Member 1st Feb, 2010 13:28
Ranking: 0
User Since: 1st Feb, 2010
System Score: N/A
According to Adobe, Acrobat Reader 9.3 fixes the issue that Software Inspector reports as "Insecure" (the NOS Microsystems issue, US-CERT VU#773545). Can Secunia update the software to reflect this or is there still an issue?

This user no longer exists RE: Adobe 9.3 fixes NOS Microsystems issue that Software Inspector reports as "insecure"
Member 1st Feb, 2010 13:33
Hi,
Which version do you have installed?

Is there more than one entry for adobe reader? Adobe products tend to not remove old versions of itself when updating, with the result that the PSI will see both the new updated version, and the old version. It will then be necessary to manually remove the old files, though this happens at your own risk.

To verify your version, and see which vulnerability the PSI is referring too, you can access the secunia advisory, by clicking "Online References" and "Secunia Advisory". Our advisories should show the minimally secure version, which products are affected, and which steps will resolve the problem.

Hope this helps.
Was this reply relevant?
+0
BirchHill RE: Adobe 9.3 fixes NOS Microsystems issue that Software Inspector reports as "insecure"
Member 1st Feb, 2010 14:02
Score: 0
User Since: 1st Feb 2010
System Score: N/A
I have Acrobat Reader 9.3. That's how I know about it. The specific registry hex no. reported by CERT does not exist on my PC, but Inspector still reports it has "insecure".
Was this reply relevant?
+0
This user no longer exists RE: Adobe 9.3 fixes NOS Microsystems issue that Software Inspector reports as "insecure"
Member 1st Feb, 2010 14:07
Last edited on 1st Feb, 2010 14:08 Hi,
What I meant was: Which version number does the PSI report?
Also, please answer the other question from my above post, as I need the information to help you reach a solution.
Was this reply relevant?
+0

This thread has been marked as locked.