Forum Thread: multiple Microsoft insecuriies appearing and disappearing

You are currently viewing a forum thread in the Secunia Community Forum. Please note that opinions expressed here are not of Secunia but solely reflect those of the user who wrote it.

This thread was submitted in the following forum:
PSI

This thread has been marked as locked.
paulrw multiple Microsoft insecuriies appearing and disappearing
Member 26th Feb, 2010 19:48
Ranking: 0
User Since: 26th Feb, 2010
System Score: N/A
After applying the fix for Powerpoint viewer and restarting the PC, it was still showing in Secunia. I thought this might be a hangover so rescanned - it then came back still with this, but now showing another 9 MS programs as insecure (SQL server, Visual Studio, Visio viewer etc). I couldn't see any reason why this should have changed, and did another scan. Final result no insecure programs. Not terribly reassuring since nothing had changed between the scans - which do I believe?

jeangeorge RE: multiple Microsoft insecuriies appearing and disappearing
Member 26th Feb, 2010 20:01
Score: 5
User Since: 22nd Feb 2010
Last edited on 26th Feb, 2010 20:24
@ Paulrw.
Please specify what version of Windows and also MS Office you are working on and what programs are showing as insecure beside the Microsoft ones, and the path to where each vulnerability belong so the forum can help you to solve the problems.
Best wishes.

PS: You can read at the top right of the secunia page "Secunia News" about power point viewer vulnerabilities.

--
John

HP Pavilion DV6
Win 7 64bit + IE8
Bitdefender2010 + Malwarebites
Was this reply relevant?
+0
paulrw RE: multiple Microsoft insecuriies appearing and disappearing
Member 1st Mar, 2010 10:33
Score: 0
User Since: 26th Feb 2010
Win 7 Pro 32 bit, Office 2007 pro. All the programs listed were in the normal install directories (e.g. C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12 for powerpoint viewer). I can't give you any more info than this since they are no longer showing in the insecure programs in secunia. It was presumably a one off glitch, but a very strange one
Was this reply relevant?
+0
jeangeorge RE: multiple Microsoft insecuriies appearing and disappearing
Member 1st Mar, 2010 11:22
Score: 5
User Since: 22nd Feb 2010
Hi again Paul
After any updates from Microsoft you have to restart your computer so those updates could take places in the system
that happened with me 2 or 3 times and when i restart all things were good and problems are gone.
Happy all is OK
Best wishes.

--
John

HP Pavilion DV6
Win 7 64bit + IE8
Bitdefender2010 + Malwarebites
Was this reply relevant?
+0
This user no longer exists RE: multiple Microsoft insecuriies appearing and disappearing
Member 1st Mar, 2010 11:23
Hi,

When upgrading Microsoft products, please follow this prodedure.

Update via. MS update, reboot, rescan, and check MS update again. Some updates take several "turns" to install, etc.
Was this reply relevant?
+0

This thread has been marked as locked.