Forum Thread: google chrome installed doesn't show, still shows firefox

You are currently viewing a forum thread in the Secunia Community Forum. Please note that opinions expressed here are not of Secunia but solely reflect those of the user who wrote it.

This thread was submitted in the following forum:
PSI

This thread has been marked as locked.
burnnoticefan google chrome installed doesn't show, still shows firefox
Member 2nd Mar, 2010 03:30
Ranking: 0
User Since: 16th Oct, 2009
System Score: N/A
i uninstalled Firefox, had crash problems. i installed Google Chrome. PSI shows Firefox and not Chrome. have scanned several times no change, any help appreciated. can not figure out why scan does not show Chrome and still shows Firefox which is not on system. running Win 7 64bit. thank you in advance for help!!!!

--
burnnoticefan

This user no longer exists RE: google chrome installed doesn't show, still shows firefox
Secunia Official 2nd Mar, 2010 08:02
Hi

You might have remains of Firefox installed on your computer. Use the PSi to locate the Path.

In the Advanced Interface, go to the tab where Firefox is and click the [+] .
Either look at the path provided or click the "Open folder icon".

You might have installed Google Chrome 5.x which is a BETA version.
Secunia does not support BETA software.

I hope this answered your questions.
burnnoticefan RE: google chrome installed doesn't show, still shows firefox
Member 2nd Mar, 2010 08:38
Score: 0
User Since: 16th Oct 2009
System Score: N/A
thanks for reply am not using beta Chrome all files deleted for Firefox. used your tip and checked no Firefox files on computer. restarted and then ran scan again. Firefox still there, Chrome no where to be found. am completely puzzled. any other ideas? thanks

--
burnnoticefan
Was this reply relevant?
+0
This user no longer exists RE: google chrome installed doesn't show, still shows firefox
Member 2nd Mar, 2010 09:22
Hi,

Which path is being shown for Firefox? The file the PSI is detecting should be clearly indicated. It is this file causing the PSI to think you have Firefox installed.

Hope this helps.
Was this reply relevant?
+0

This thread has been marked as locked.