Forum Thread: Install, Re-Boot Solves Some Issues

You are currently viewing a forum thread in the Secunia Community Forum. Please note that opinions expressed here are not of Secunia but solely reflect those of the user who wrote it.

This thread was submitted in the following forum:
PSI

This thread has been marked as locked.
CraigS0726 Install, Re-Boot Solves Some Issues
Member 5th Mar, 2010 02:06
Ranking: 7
User Since: 2nd Mar, 2010
System Score: N/A
XP SP3 Media Ctr/ ESET ESS V4 AV-FW Suite/ Both SuperAS & Malwarebytes are Real-time (I Disable them when running PSI) / .......................

In chasing the Scan/Repeating Re-Scan problem some had I Uninstalled & Re-Installed several times. In the process I incurred 1.5 minute Scans Vs. the normal 4.5 min, and the Date of Last Scan would never change after I ran multiple, Manual Scans. Scans Start on Step 2, and I've watched Step 4 become Step 7 Vs. 5,6,7, which involve the OS and patches Checks.

After the last Re-Install I did a Re-Boot and the Last Scan Date Changes and the first Scan ran 4 minutes. I just did a Scan and it only ran 2 minutes with Step 4 skipping to 7 again.

The point of this was to brag on Re-Booting after Any Install, but I hope someone can answer if the Short Scan Time and Steps Skipped somehow are OK, or part of another issue.

This user no longer exists RE: Install, Re-Boot Solves Some Issues
Member 5th Mar, 2010 09:11
Hi,

You need to make sure your system date is set correctly. An incorrectly set system date can confuse the PSI into thinking that the "next" scan (always scheduled for a week after the last) is now.

Hope this helps.
Was this reply relevant?
+0

This thread has been marked as locked.