Forum Thread: Acrobat.dll tagged as insecure

You are currently viewing a forum thread in the Secunia Community Forum. Please note that opinions expressed here are not of Secunia but solely reflect those of the user who wrote it.

This thread was submitted in the following forum:
PSI

This thread has been marked as locked.
JConklin Acrobat.dll tagged as insecure
Member 9th Mar, 2010 00:28
Ranking: 0
User Since: 21st Jan, 2008
System Score: N/A
I cannot find the proper update for my purchased copy of Acrobat 9.0 Standard version. The Download solution button doesn't work, the Solution wizard says go to the vendor site and download the "fix", but there is nothing listed for 9.0 except one to update PDF forms. I tried just "brute force" deleting the .dll file, but then Acrobat wouldn't let me edit a pdf file, so I removed Acrobat (via the Control Panel -- WinXP) and reinstalled from the CD. Now PSI says I'm insecure.
Editing PDFs is a rare occasion, but I would like to have the security that PSI gives me.
Does anyone have a suggestion on how to fix this?
TIA

Path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 9.0\Acrobat\Acrobat.dll
Not re-scanned because I can't find the proper patch!

JConklin RE: Acrobat.dll tagged as insecure
Member 9th Mar, 2010 00:42
Score: 0
User Since: 21st Jan 2008
I decided to remove the .dll file and save it in its own folder in My Documents. Then re-scanned with PSI and now all is clean. I'll post again if I find any other function of Acrobat 9.0 is disabled by the missing .dll
Thanks
Was this reply relevant?
+0
This user no longer exists RE: Acrobat.dll tagged as insecure
Member 9th Mar, 2010 09:06
Last edited on 9th Mar, 2010 09:07 Hi,

Removing or renaming vulnerabilities do not fix the issue. Could you please try the build-in Adobe updater? That is the easiest method for patching Adobe products.

Hope this helps.
Was this reply relevant?
+0
JConklin RE: Built-in Adobe Acrobat updater??
Member 9th Mar, 2010 23:28
Score: 0
User Since: 21st Jan 2008
As I said in the original post, I could not get the blue icon at the bottom of the insecure detail page to work. The update wizard took me to Adobe.com but there was no security update for Acrobat 9.0 on that page.
Which updater are you talking about? Details, please.
Was this reply relevant?
+0

This thread has been marked as locked.