Forum Thread: End of Life Program

You are currently viewing a forum thread in the Secunia Community Forum. Please note that opinions expressed here are not of Secunia but solely reflect those of the user who wrote it.

This thread was submitted in the following forum:
Programs

Relating to this vendor:
Google
And, this specific program:
Google Picasa 2.x

This thread has been marked as resolved.
Litisha End of Life Program
Member 13th Mar, 2010 17:57
Ranking: 0
User Since: 27th Nov, 2008
System Score: N/A
I have an end-of-life showing on Google Picasa. I went to download the updated version which I currently have 3.6. But Secunia is still showing that I have 2.6.36.21. Has anyone else had this problem. Any help would be appreciated.

Post "RE: End of Life Program-Picasa" has been selected as an answer.
mogsi RE: End of Life Program
Member 13th Mar, 2010 22:19
Score: 65
User Since: 11th Feb 2010
Don't know much 'bout Picasa.....but you began with Secunia in 2008...have you moved on/updated to Advanced interface ?
It's fairly usual/ commonplace for old files to be left behind when you have updated a program.....Secunia still detects them; even if in the Recycle bin. Tho' some progs do it for themselves.
By now, I'd have thought you'd be able to disclose the file path to the insecurity as found in Tech. details. The more info you provide, the more likely you are to find a remedy. Regards

--
Toshiba L300D AMD Athlon X2 Vista Home Premium 32bit OS SP2
Chrome 5.0.342.3 dev / IE8 1GB RAM+4GB Readyboost
Was this reply relevant?
+1
Sizou RE: End of Life Program-Picasa
Member 22nd Mar, 2010 16:32
Score: 6
User Since: 7th Sep 2009
I had the same problem. After uninstalling Picasa 2 using Revo Uninstaller, I downloaded Picasa 3.6 again and installed it. That seems to have solved the problem.
Was this reply relevant?
+1

This thread has been marked as locked.