Forum Thread: PSI on Windows Home Server

You are currently viewing a forum thread in the Secunia Community Forum. Please note that opinions expressed here are not of Secunia but solely reflect those of the user who wrote it.

This thread was submitted in the following forum:
PSI

This thread has been marked as locked.
rpemptage PSI on Windows Home Server
Member 14th Mar, 2010 20:59
Ranking: 0
User Since: 14th Mar, 2010
System Score: N/A
I have been using and recommending PSI to people for a long time now and still think it should be part of every household's first line of defense. I run a (HP MediaSmart) Windows Home Server for backups, file sharing, media streaming, and centralized management of the four PCs in the house.
Is it possible to run PSI on the WHS? At the moment, this is the weak point in my home patch management regime! :-(

This user no longer exists RE: PSI on Windows Home Server
Member 15th Mar, 2010 08:40
Hi,

The PSI is intended for home use, so as long as it's not a corporate server (etc. it's something you just use at home) there is no problem with installing the PSI.

Hope this helps.
Was this reply relevant?
+1
rpemptage RE: PSI on Windows Home Server
Member 15th Mar, 2010 12:34
Score: 0
User Since: 14th Mar 2010
System Score: N/A
Thanks Emil
Yes, it's a home scenario and one I think you'll find more frequently as WHS appears to be gaining ground. So long as PSI will run (i.e. not cause problems on) and work (i.e. identify vulnerabilities in) with WHS, which is based on Windows Server 2003, that's excellent.
Cheers
bob E.
Was this reply relevant?
+0
This user no longer exists RE: PSI on Windows Home Server
Member 15th Mar, 2010 12:42
Hi,

Please refer to this list to see which platforms are supported: http://secunia.com/vulnerability_scanning/personal...

If there are problem running the PSI on home server, please contact us at support@secunia.com

I'm marking this thread as locked, since the question has been answered.
Was this reply relevant?
+0

This thread has been marked as locked.