Forum Thread: Still getting warnings after updates

You are currently viewing a forum thread in the Secunia Community Forum. Please note that opinions expressed here are not of Secunia but solely reflect those of the user who wrote it.

This thread was submitted in the following forum:
PSI

This thread has been marked as resolved.
leobrinch Still getting warnings after updates
Member 25th Mar, 2010 13:29
Ranking: 0
User Since: 25th Mar, 2010
System Score: N/A
I have run the PSI scanning and received 9 warnings (in reality only 4 as several was concerning the same program and woulds download the same update).
After having downloaded and updated the 4 updates, I ran the scan again.
This resulted in the same 4 (9) warnings.
I tried the restart the computer and ran PSI again, but again I received the warnings.
I am runnung Win7 Ultimate 64bit, have 3 harddiscs of which one is a SSD disc used for operating system. The PSI program is on a partion of one of the normal harddiscs.
How do I get rid of the (probably) old warnings?
leobrinch

Post "RE: Still getting warnings after updates" has been selected as an answer.
leob RE: Still getting warnings after updates
Member 25th Mar, 2010 14:05
Score: 5
User Since: 25th Mar 2010
System Score: N/A
Sorry
When I choose ADVANCED I could see, that the warnings all concerned old back-ups of the programs from my earlier XP system.
I have now deleted these and everything is OK
leobrinch
Was this reply relevant?
+0
This user no longer exists RE: Still getting warnings after updates
Member 25th Mar, 2010 14:05
Last edited on 25th Mar, 2010 14:05 Hi,

The PSI always warns you of a specific file, so the first step to determining what the PSI is alerting you to, is to find the "path" of the file. This is the location of the file the PSI is detecting, and can be seen in the "Installation Path" field after expanding the program entry with the "+" button.

Several applications fail to remove older versions of itself, and there is also a high probability that the PSI is detecting files on a backup drive, or in the Windows.Old directory (Since you're on Windows 7).

hope this helps.

EDIT:
You beat me to it. Glad everything worked out. ;)
Was this reply relevant?
+0

This thread has been marked as locked.