Forum Thread: New to secunia & have a few questions

You are currently viewing a forum thread in the Secunia Community Forum. Please note that opinions expressed here are not of Secunia but solely reflect those of the user who wrote it.

This thread was submitted in the following forum:
PSI

This thread has been marked as locked.
1Newjack New to secunia & have a few questions
Member 14th Apr, 2010 00:20
Ranking: 0
User Since: 14th Apr, 2010
System Score: N/A
Hi evryone,
I am a new secunia psi user.I have a question on 3 of the vulnerabilities i have listed.
The 1st two are Adobe flash.I have the latest installed 10.0.45.2 i believe.I was curious as to why it was listed?It said i needed to download to fix.I did 1 download and rescanned but it is still there.Also power point 2007 security is on there.It takes you to the windows update page but does`nt list ant powerpoint security updates that i need to install.After doing a little research i noticed that i had multiple security updates installed for my powerpoint such as kb957789 twice.I am not sure why i would have recieved the same update twice but i am still unsure where to find the proper security update thats needed. Thanks in advance 1Newjack

This user no longer exists RE: New to secunia & have a few questions
Member 14th Apr, 2010 09:05
Hi,

About adobe flash:
Is there both an entry in "Insecure" and "Patched"? If so, you did successfully install the update, but Adobe failed to remove the old version when updating.

About powerpoint:
Some Windows updates require you to rescan and reboot. After doing this, could you try checking Microsoft Update again to see if it offers any patches?

hope this helps.
Was this reply relevant?
+0

This thread has been marked as locked.