Forum Thread: Secunia update errors

You are currently viewing a forum thread in the Secunia Community Forum. Please note that opinions expressed here are not of Secunia but solely reflect those of the user who wrote it.

This thread was submitted in the following forum:
PSI

This thread has been marked as locked.
ecamner Secunia update errors
Member 19th Apr, 2010 07:37
Ranking: 0
User Since: 26th Dec, 2009
System Score: N/A
I'm concerned over several Secunia update errors.
1. I've downloaded the Foxit Reader update several times and have the latest version. Yet Secunia continues to report that it's a severe security risk.
2. I've deleted Adobe Reader, yet Secunia continues to show it as being a risk.
3. I have Windows XP Professional Service Pack 3, yet Secunia now shows that I need to update Windows XP Pro to Service Pack 3.
I spend literally hours online trying to fix the Secunia updates/vulnerability reports and am usually able to fix them. But the above is bothersome. I don't know what more I can do to make sure that these alledged security risks are fixed.

This user no longer exists RE: Secunia update errors
Member 19th Apr, 2010 09:15
Hi,
Keep in mind that Secunia only provides links to the vendor's upgrade solutions. If you are not already, please click into "advanced" mode by clicking "Advanced" in the top right corner.

@1)
What is the path to your insecure installation (From the field "installation path")? Which version does foxit show you have? (check "About") Which Version does the PSI report you have installed?

@2)
The PSI will always show which file it detects. What does the field "installation path" say? This file is still present, and is the reason the PSI is still picking up traces of the software you removed.

@3)
Some windows updates require you to reboot and rescan. Please reboot, check Windows update again, and if it shows you have no more updates, try a full rescan.

Hope this helps.
Was this reply relevant?
+0

This thread has been marked as locked.