Forum Thread: Windows 7 and Firefox 3.5x

You are currently viewing a forum thread in the Secunia Community Forum. Please note that opinions expressed here are not of Secunia but solely reflect those of the user who wrote it.

This thread was submitted in the following forum:
PSI

This thread has been marked as locked.
magnate41 Windows 7 and Firefox 3.5x
Member 20th Apr, 2010 02:22
Ranking: 0
User Since: 3rd Mar, 2009
System Score: N/A
Hi

I keep getting warnings that Windows 7 needs to be patched but when I check there are no critical updates. What should I do?

Also, I keep getting warnings that Firefox 3.5x needs to be patched but I have Firefox 3.6x. Please let me know the solution to this. Many thanks.

I have re-scanned my system but the 2 warnings still show.

Magnate41

This user no longer exists RE: Windows 7 and Firefox 3.5x
Member 20th Apr, 2010 08:52
Hi,

Some Windows updates require you to reboot. Please try rebooting, checking Windows Update again, then rescanning after installing all patches now available. If anything installs, repeat the procedure.

As for Firefox. Did you click the "download solution" button in the PSI? Which version does Firefox claim to be from Help > About Mozilla Firefox?
Was this reply relevant?
+0
kristain RE: Windows 7 and Firefox 3.5x
Member 21st Apr, 2010 17:11
Score: 0
User Since: 15th Mar 2010
System Score: N/A
Last edited on 21st Apr, 2010 17:15
After downloading a file with Firefox 3.0, you may be presented with an "Open File - Security Warning" box when you try to open the file. If you frequently download files, these warnings may become annoying over time.
Open Firefox and type "about:config" into the address bar, then press Enter. This will open a list of hidden Firefox settings.
Scroll down until you find the setting "browser.download.manager.scanWhenDone" in the left column.
This setting is set to "true" by default. Double-click on it to change it to "false". Files you download in Firefox will no longer be flagged.
Is still you find any problem click the link given below http://windows7.iyogi.net/support/troubleshooting/...

--
Kristain Hayes
Windows 7 help
Was this reply relevant?
+0

This thread has been marked as locked.