Forum Thread: Secunia still not working

You are currently viewing a forum thread in the Secunia Community Forum. Please note that opinions expressed here are not of Secunia but solely reflect those of the user who wrote it.

This thread was submitted in the following forum:
PSI

This thread has been marked as resolved.
Nikilet Secunia still not working
Member 21st Apr, 2010 21:46
Ranking: 7
User Since: 15th Jul, 2008
System Score: N/A
Maurice

First of all, how do I lock a thread?

Now for the meat of it. Secunia PSI still is not working. I happened to notice last evening that the icon was no longer in my taskbar. I opened Task Manager and it was not shown as a running application.

I tried to open it using shortcut icon on my desktop and it would not open. I opened Task Manager and killed the process explorer.exe, went to Applications, selected new task and typed in explorer.exe.

Then was able to click desktop icon and open Secunia, however, it when I closed it I did not get the pop up stating that Secunia was still running and no icon in taskbar.

I opened Task Manager and it did not appear under running applications. I clicked Processes tab and there were two entries there for psi and it seemed to be running so I just let it go.

Today it would not open again. I went through the same process with Task Manager and then it opened but when I clicked on the Scan tab to run a scan it was filled with blue all the way across, as though a scan had just finished. I went ahead and selected to run a scan and the bar cleared and then started running. After the scan finished the bar remained solid blue. I closed Secunia and opened it and the bar remains blue. It never did this before.

I just don't know what to do about this program. This is the only program on my computer that isn't working properly and that's why I don't think it's on my end.

If you can give me any direction on what I can do to remedy this I would appreciate it.

Post "RE: Secunia still not working" has been selected as an answer.
Nikilet RE: Secunia still not working
Member 21st Apr, 2010 23:17
Score: 7
User Since: 15th Jul 2008
Update: I went to PSI/Settings and selected it to run at startup. I then rebooted and PSI did start with boot. I opened it, selected Scan and that box was blank, as it's supposed to be prior to a scan.

I ran Registry Mechanic, Zappit and opened PSI agan to check the Scan tab. Everything still ok but am not holding my breath.

I keep hoping someone else has had the same problem and can give me some direction on this.
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Maurice Joyce RE: Secunia still not working
Handling Contributor 21st Apr, 2010 23:23
Score: 12325
User Since: 4th Jan 2009
Just post back if it changes & I will do some more tests.

To answer your other question - To lock a thread U just select ACCEPT against the post that helped U most to clear your problem.

--
Maurice

Microsoft Surface 4 Intel i7 64Bit
Windows 10 Pro version 1809 Build 17763.404
16 GB RAM
IE & Edge Only
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Member 22nd Apr, 2010 02:05
Thank you. This is just to keep you advised.

A short time ago I tried to open thru taskbar icon and the little circle just kept going around. I let it go and went on to do some work in my email. Shortly I noticed beside the taskbar icon it said (Not Responding), but I went ahead and finished what I was doing and by that time it did open -- took over 10 minutes for it to open.

Then it did the same thing when I tried to close it: (Not Responding). Again I left it and it finally closed. Now in the past hour I've opened and closed it several times with no problem.
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Maurice Joyce RE: Secunia still not working
Handling Contributor 24th Apr, 2010 23:55
Score: 12325
User Since: 4th Jan 2009
Is everything running OK now?

--
Maurice

Microsoft Surface 4 Intel i7 64Bit
Windows 10 Pro version 1809 Build 17763.404
16 GB RAM
IE & Edge Only
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Member 25th Apr, 2010 00:25
So far it's been working. This sure has been a strange thing.

Thank you, thank you, thank you for your interest and help.
Was this reply relevant?
+0

This thread has been marked as locked.