Forum Thread: Secunia PSI not working properly in 64 bit win 7

You are currently viewing a forum thread in the Secunia Community Forum. Please note that opinions expressed here are not of Secunia but solely reflect those of the user who wrote it.

This thread was submitted in the following forum:
PSI

This thread has been marked as locked.
jjyar2 Secunia PSI not working properly in 64 bit win 7
Member 22nd Apr, 2010 12:35
Ranking: 0
User Since: 22nd Apr, 2010
System Score: N/A
Hello,
This program is not compatible with 64 bit windows 7, even in backward compatibility with administrator rights. It runs but does not display properly and the scan runs incorrectly as no programs are even found after running. Is there anything that can be done? (Eg. Secunia 64 bit win 7?).
I tried most everything with no results.
I guess this is mostly an FYI for Secunia programmers, but if yours works on win 7 64 bit please let me know how you did it....

This user no longer exists RE: Secunia PSI not working properly in 64 bit win 7
Member 22nd Apr, 2010 13:00
Hi,

There was recently a hickup with the servers, and some people experienced similar problems to the one's you're having. The PSI is Win7 x64 compatible, so it should work.

Could I ask you to try reinstalling the PSI? This seemed to have solved the problem for a lot of people here.
Was this reply relevant?
+0
jwsloway RE: Secunia PSI not working properly in 64 bit win 7
Member 22nd Apr, 2010 21:46
Score: 0
User Since: 9th Jan 2008
I have W7 64 bit, and while it did get off to a bumpy start, it is working OK now. Make sure you run the scan, install Adobe Flash player (you DO NOT need the Reader or Google toolbar!), and input your preferences. Shut down and restart program also... I did not need to uninstall / reinstall, but that was my next step!
Was this reply relevant?
+0
jjyar2 RE: Secunia PSI not working properly in 64 bit win 7
Member 24th Apr, 2010 13:03
Score: 0
User Since: 22nd Apr 2010
Last edited on 24th Apr, 2010 13:19
Hello,
I tried reinstalling and windows gave administrator privileges with Vista service pack 1 compatibility. Still the same problem. I added all user privileges and restarted. Still no data. Cant find programs on PC it seems. And overview does not display properly even though I have the latest java and flash etc. installed.
It seems windows is not giving any permissions to look at the operating system.
Thank you for any suggestions.
Was this reply relevant?
+0

This thread has been marked as locked.