Forum Thread: Zone Alarm

You are currently viewing a forum thread in the Secunia Community Forum. Please note that opinions expressed here are not of Secunia but solely reflect those of the user who wrote it.

This thread was submitted in the following forum:
PSI

This thread has been marked as locked.
comalco62 Zone Alarm
Member 25th May, 2010 05:12
Ranking: 0
User Since: 7th May, 2010
System Score: N/A
I run the free version of Zone Alarm, version 8.0.298. Secunia detects it twice, once as free (zlclient.exe) and the other as pro (zonealarm.exe). Anyone know why?

Cheers

This user no longer exists RE: Zone Alarm
Member 25th May, 2010 08:37
Hi,

Could I ask you to post the path of the pro version? That way I can correct our rules to avoid this false positive.

Thank you.
Was this reply relevant?
+0
comalco62 RE: Zone Alarm
Member 26th May, 2010 03:54
Score: 0
User Since: 7th May 2010
System Score: N/A
Hi,

Actually, I don't know if it is a false positive. The file description of zonealarm.exe is Zone Alarm stub program for ZA Pro. The path is C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\Zone Alarm. I was trying out the new Zone Alarm yesterday, and this file was installed with that version too. So I think it might be a legitimate file, maybe something to do with if you trial the pro version.

Cheers
Was this reply relevant?
+0
This user no longer exists RE: Zone Alarm
Member 26th May, 2010 08:46
Hi,

In that case, it would be better to ignore it. If there was something obvious I could filter out for the Pro version (Like "home" in the path, fx), I could have ensured you would only see one version. However, since there is doubt, it is better to leave well enough alone.

Rest assured, there is no risk to you in having 2 rules.

Hope this helps.
Was this reply relevant?
+0

This thread has been marked as locked.