Forum Thread: Another silly problem

You are currently viewing a forum thread in the Secunia Community Forum. Please note that opinions expressed here are not of Secunia but solely reflect those of the user who wrote it.

This thread was submitted in the following forum:
PSI

This thread has been marked as locked.
Fulvio Another silly problem
Member 27th May, 2010 01:17
Ranking: 0
User Since: 18th Dec, 2008
System Score: N/A
Thread: http://secunia.com/community/forum/thread/show/430... has been closed, but I have to make an addition to it, as a similar problem surfaced this morning. I noticed a "threat" in Open Office3.2, which is the latest version, and had been fine for months. I did not look at which file was being considered a threat, not expecting that PSI, all in a sudden finds something odd which was not there yesterday. I downloaded, and selected to repair the same file which I had before. It took me a good 90 min. to do that, but after rebooting the computer, the threat was still present. This time I right clicked on the name of the program, and it showed a "bad" file in my external drive, also in drive F.
I copied the repaired executable, and pasted into the F drive folder, and PSI was happy. This is something new being done by PSI detecting threats which are present now, and not a few hours earlier. Since PSI does not show which file is bad, it places the user in a situation to waste a lot of time. But, since it is easy to see which file is bad (right click), I will not waste any more time, and definitely will not be so worried. This is absurd!

GoneToPlaid RE: Another silly problem
Member 29th May, 2010 19:39
Score: 5
User Since: 1st Apr 2009
System Score: 100%
on 27th May, 2010 01:17, Fulvio wrote:
Thread: http://secunia.com/community/forum/thread/show/430... has been closed, but I have to make an addition to it, as a similar problem surfaced this morning. I noticed a "threat" in Open Office3.2, which is the latest version, and had been fine for months. I did not look at which file was being considered a threat, not expecting that PSI, all in a sudden finds something odd which was not there yesterday. I downloaded, and selected to repair the same file which I had before. It took me a good 90 min. to do that, but after rebooting the computer, the threat was still present. This time I right clicked on the name of the program, and it showed a "bad" file in my external drive, also in drive F.
I copied the repaired executable, and pasted into the F drive folder, and PSI was happy. This is something new being done by PSI detecting threats which are present now, and not a few hours earlier. Since PSI does not show which file is bad, it places the user in a situation to waste a lot of time. But, since it is easy to see which file is bad (right click), I will not waste any more time, and definitely will not be so worried. This is absurd!

Hi Fulvio,

You can create "Ignore Rules" for your computer's other data drives. Coincidentally, I too have an external drive to which I assigned the drive letter "F:". I also have other hard drives, D through E. So I simply created ignore rules for each drive other than my drive C which has Windows installed on it. To tell PSI to ignore your drive F, for example, create an Ingore Rule with a Rule Name parameter of "F" and a Rule parameter of "F:\" which tells PSI to ignore everything on your drive F.

Hope this helps!
Was this reply relevant?
+1
Fulvio RE: Another silly problem
Member 29th May, 2010 20:29
Score: 0
User Since: 18th Dec 2008
System Score: N/A
Thanks. It should help.
But, I may leave things as they are, as I understand what's going on.
Was this reply relevant?
+0

This thread has been marked as locked.