Forum Thread: scan shows 0%

You are currently viewing a forum thread in the Secunia Community Forum. Please note that opinions expressed here are not of Secunia but solely reflect those of the user who wrote it.

This thread was submitted in the following forum:
PSI

This thread has been marked as resolved.
Terry Clarke scan shows 0%
Member 15th Jun, 2010 00:33
Ranking: 1
User Since: 14th May, 2009
System Score: N/A
Last edited on 15th Jun, 2010 00:46

i have run several scans but all come back showing 0% with no details at all or system score

--
Terry Clarke

Post "RE: scan shows 0%" has been selected as an answer.
Maurice Joyce RE: scan shows 0%
Handling Contributor 15th Jun, 2010 01:01
Score: 12325
User Since: 4th Jan 2009
Terry,
U might like to give this a try:

1. Double check there are no outstanding updates from Microsoft.

2. Uninstall PSI using Control Panel>add/remove

3. Close the PC completely - wait 30 seconds & then switched it back on.

4. Installed PSI version 1.9.0.0 using the RUN option from here: http://secunia.com/PSISetupAUTP.exe

5. Once installed do a complete PSI scan of the PC.

--
Maurice

Microsoft Surface 4 Intel i7 64Bit
Windows 10 Pro version 1809 Build 17763.404
16 GB RAM
IE & Edge Only
Was this reply relevant?
+2
earlyfancystitches RE: scan shows 0%
Member 15th Jun, 2010 02:04
Score: 0
User Since: 15th Jun 2010
I am having this problem both on a Win 7 64-bit and on XP3. I was able to uninstall and reinstall on the Win7 but on XP3 the file will not install (NSIS), even from this site.

On the Win 7 the reinstalled scan still shows 0, after quite some time scanning. I just installed 1.5.0.2 last week and it seemed to work fine. It, however,did not find that IE8 was insecure and needed a patch that was not available. On the XP3 both IE8 and the recently installed Safari were shown as insecure.

Belarc shows Microsoft is up-to-date. Neither machine needs MS updating according to MS.

I dip appreciate this software and hope you find the solution soon.

An additional factor on the XP3. This afternoon Outlook Express closed and when opened again, had lost three months of saved messages. When I went to Control Panel to remove Secunia, it said the last day I had used the software was the same day in March that I am missing email from. I had used Secunia several times the past few days.
Was this reply relevant?
+0
eirwin RE: scan shows 0%
Member 15th Jun, 2010 02:57
Score: 0
User Since: 25th Jun 2009
I am now posting from the XP3 laptop. I ran CCleaner, including the Registry section and then tried to install from the site suggested. The software installed without problems and automatically ran a quick scan. The PC is back to showing patched programs and one end-of-life. Neither browser (IE8 and Safari) is now shown as insecure.

Unfortuntately CCleaner does not run on a Win 7 64-bit machine. What simple software can I do to clean Registry entries as this seemed to fix the laptop? My skills stay with the "simple" options.

EarlyI
Was this reply relevant?
+0
This user no longer exists RE: scan shows 0%
Member 15th Jun, 2010 08:42
Hi,

Following a reboot and rescan now, does the problem still occur?
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Terry Clarke RE: scan shows 0%
Member 15th Jun, 2010 09:02
Score: 1
User Since: 14th May 2009
Hi Maurice

Once again thank you for your help, you have given me solutions in the past and your reccomendation for this problem has cured the problem,

Thanks Terry

--
Terry Clarke
Was this reply relevant?
+1

This thread has been marked as locked.