Forum Thread: Sun Java JRE 1.6x/6x

You are currently viewing a forum thread in the Secunia Community Forum. Please note that opinions expressed here are not of Secunia but solely reflect those of the user who wrote it.

This thread was submitted in the following forum:
Programs

Relating to this vendor:
Oracle Corporation
And, this specific program:
Oracle Java JRE 1.6.x / 6.x

This thread has been marked as locked.
perhyeknudsen Sun Java JRE 1.6x/6x
Member 20th Jun, 2010 22:21
Ranking: 0
User Since: 20th Jun, 2010
System Score: N/A
Sun Java JRE 1.6x/6x

Has been rescanned, but is still on my pc.

--
per hye-knudsen

Maurice Joyce RE: Sun Java JRE 1.6x/6x
Handling Contributor 20th Jun, 2010 22:47
Score: 12325
User Since: 4th Jan 2009
What is the path to it?
FINDING A VULNERABILITY FILE PATH
=================================

To locate the exact file that the Secunia PSI has detected, use or switch to the ADVANCED interface, then :

1 Click on the + sign of the programme to "expand' it.
2 Click on Technical Details in the Toolbox to see the installation path of the detected file. (Copy (CTRL+C) & paste (CTRL+V) the Installation Path of the file back to the Forum if U are unsure what to do next.

Revision 2

--
Maurice

Microsoft Surface 4 Intel i7 64Bit
Windows 10 Pro version 1809 Build 17763.404
16 GB RAM
IE & Edge Only
Was this reply relevant?
+2
This user no longer exists RE: Sun Java JRE 1.6x/6x
Member 21st Jun, 2010 08:43
on 20th Jun, 2010 22:21, perhyeknudsen wrote:
Sun Java JRE 1.6x/6x

Has been rescanned, but is still on my pc.

Hi,

Some updates leave old versions behind on your system, so it can appear that, while you've already installed the patch, the programs are "still insecure". However, the old versions are now "zombie files", meaning they're leftovers from a previous installation.

If you follow Maurice's advice, you will be able to find the obsolete files on your disk.

hope this helps.
Was this reply relevant?
+0
TexasGal RE: Sun Java JRE 1.6x/6x
Member 22nd Jun, 2010 00:34
Score: 1
User Since: 11th Feb 2010
Secunia tells me I need 3 Java updates. Sun Java tells me I already have the software installed and updated when I try to install updates. It asks me if I want to Reinstall so I answer yes. Still did not work.

Finally, I used Windows Uninstaller and deleted every Java update I could find, including anything with the name "Java" on it. I can see nothing now but apparently it is still there because when I tried to download the newest version for installation, it won't let me. I used CCleaner to clean up the registry after I deleted all of that. I have spent hours on this today and I'm tired of it. I've rescanned several times and I still have 3 programs that are insecure.

This happens to me often and I've found that if I just leave it as is, by the following week it somehow self-corrects. May not do it this time. I am not computer savvy and don't want to spent any more time on it. Unless there is a very quick fix, I'm done for the day.
Was this reply relevant?
+1
Handling Contributor 22nd Jun, 2010 00:40
Where is PSI locating the vulnerable files?

FINDING A VULNERABILITY FILE PATH
=================================

To locate the exact file that the Secunia PSI has detected, use or switch to the ADVANCED interface, then :

1 Click on the + sign of the programme to "expand' it.
2 Click on Technical Details in the Toolbox to see the installation path of the detected file. (Copy (CTRL+C) & paste (CTRL+V) the Installation Path of the file back to the Forum if U are unsure what to do next.

Revision 2

--
Maurice

16 GB RAM
IE & Edge Only
Was this reply relevant?
+5

nuendel10

RE: Sun Java JRE 1.6x/6x
[+]
This reply has been minimised due to a negative Relevancy Score.
Handling Contributor 22nd Jun, 2010 09:42
@nuendel10

I have no idea why U continue to hi - jack other peoples threads with comments that are factually untrue.

If PSI has found a vulnerability with Java on your PC then U have a vulnerability - full stop.

Rather than pass silly comments why not create your own thread, as I have advised before, then U can rant & rave all U like.

The bottom line is once U give us the details of the vulnerability found by PSI we will give U the fix.

--
Maurice

16 GB RAM
IE & Edge Only
Was this reply relevant?
+2

This thread has been marked as locked.