Forum Thread: Muliple accounts

You are currently viewing a forum thread in the Secunia Community Forum. Please note that opinions expressed here are not of Secunia but solely reflect those of the user who wrote it.

This thread was submitted in the following forum:
PSI

This thread has been marked as locked.
FrankC Muliple accounts
Member 21st Jun, 2010 14:49
Ranking: 3
User Since: 13th Nov, 2009
System Score: N/A
I want Secunia PSI to be available to my standard account and my administrator account, Must I install it on each account?

--
FrankC
Windows 10
HP Envy 700-414

This user no longer exists RE: Muliple accounts
Member 21st Jun, 2010 15:06
Hi,

The PSI is installed in Program Files and should be available to all users. However, the PSI uses some special drivers, and other features, that requires administrator access. Therefore, it only runs under the "administrator" user.

hope this helps.
Was this reply relevant?
+0
This user no longer exists RE: Muliple accounts
Secunia Official 21st Jun, 2010 15:25
Hi

Just wanted to add that you can install the PSI under the Administrators account, and then run the PSI on the limited user account, (needs to be run with admin permissions)

You might need to create the shortcut and auto-start manually for the limited user account.
FrankC RE: Muliple accounts
Member 22nd Jun, 2010 20:09
Score: 3
User Since: 13th Nov 2009
System Score: N/A
Thanks for both replies.
My Scuunia PSI was installed under my standard user account.
As a test, I logged on to my Administrator account.
I found the PSI.exe, right clicked it an chose Create Shortcut. I dragged the shortcut to the desktop and ran it.
It ran fine and it did put the Secunia icon in the notification area of the desktop.
However, now I don't see the Icon in the notification area of the standard user..
I'll run it from that ID and see what happens. - It is now in the notification area.

--
FrankC
Windows 10
HP Envy 700-414
Was this reply relevant?
+0

This thread has been marked as locked.