Forum Thread: VLC media player

You are currently viewing a forum thread in the Secunia Community Forum. Please note that opinions expressed here are not of Secunia but solely reflect those of the user who wrote it.

This thread was submitted in the following forum:
PSI

This thread has been marked as locked.
pascal1947 VLC media player
Member 24th Jun, 2010 19:21
Ranking: 2
User Since: 18th May, 2008
System Score: N/A
Secunia PSI reports that the installed version is 1.0.3. This was the installed version a few days ago. I have since replaced with a new version 1.1.0. I loaded VLC media player and did an update check. It verified that 1.1.0 was installed and was the most current version. I checked the executable path flagged by Secunia. It, too, showed as 1.1.0.

Plan was to completely uninstall and reinstall. However, as last resort, I did a Secunia rescan of the flagged VLC media player. This time the insecurity flag was removed. No changes were made in between the complete scan and the rescan of the VLC media player. I cannot account for the initial insecurity detection.

This user no longer exists RE: VLC media player
Member 25th Jun, 2010 08:59
Hi,

While the PSI attempts to do real-time monitoring of installed software on your machine, it is still very much so adviseable to always perform a rescan after installing a patch, or taking other action. Please not that Windows patches require a reboot before being successfully detected.

hope this helps.
Was this reply relevant?
+0

This thread has been marked as locked.