Forum Thread: End-of-Life & Insecure Browsers

You are currently viewing a forum thread in the Secunia Community Forum. Please note that opinions expressed here are not of Secunia but solely reflect those of the user who wrote it.

This thread was submitted in the following forum:
PSI

This thread has been marked as locked.
crzyallday End-of-Life & Insecure Browsers
Member 3rd Jul, 2010 02:21
Ranking: -1
User Since: 24th Feb, 2009
System Score: N/A
Don't know if this is the right forum. Also put in Open Discussions. Ran a scan and it informed me I had 6 insecure programs, 4 end-of-life and both Firefox and IE 8 were insecure with no solution. I applied solutions and now am down to 1 end-of-life program (MSN Messenger 7.x). I applied the solution four X to no avail. Then I went in and uninstalled Windows Live 3 X. Reinstalled Windows Live 3 X and cannot seem to get this fixed. I used Revo Installer to uninstall and it had 6,655 registry entries. I had to uninstall Messenger after uninstalling Windows Live. Re-scanned after each attempt to uninstall. It finally uninstalled. Still shows up on PSI. Does anyone have an idea of where I go now. I need Windows Live but the last time I downloaded it Photo Gallery wasn't there even tho they said it was.
[b]C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\msnmsgr.exe[b]

Also, it says that both Firefox and IE 8 are not secure. Do I need to uninstall and re-install both of them? I'd appreciate any and all help as I have spent half a day on this.

Maurice Joyce RE: End-of-Life & Insecure Browsers
Handling Contributor 3rd Jul, 2010 02:31
Score: 12325
User Since: 4th Jan 2009
System Score: N/A
Last edited on 3rd Jul, 2010 02:40
Windows Live Messenger should self update & remove old versions.

Try this link to reinstall - will it allow U to do it?

http://explore.live.com/windows-live-messenger?os=...

IE & FIREFOX

Provided the vulnerabilities are showing in the SECURE BROWSING tab & the STATUS is showing as INSECURE NO SOLUTION you can do NOTHING to resolve the problem.

They are both low level vulnerabilities. Just practise safe surfing & U will be OK.

--
Maurice

Microsoft Surface 4 Intel i7 64Bit
Windows 10 Pro version 1809 Build 17763.404
16 GB RAM
IE & Edge Only
Was this reply relevant?
+3

angelaben

RE: End-of-Life & Insecure Browsers
[+]
This reply has been minimised due to a negative Relevancy Score.

This thread has been marked as locked.