Forum Thread: I'm not getting the correct information.

You are currently viewing a forum thread in the Secunia Community Forum. Please note that opinions expressed here are not of Secunia but solely reflect those of the user who wrote it.

This thread was submitted in the following forum:
PSI

This thread has been marked as locked.
gjhmc66 I'm not getting the correct information.
Member 2nd Aug, 2010 14:36
Ranking: 0
User Since: 11th Dec, 2008
System Score: N/A
When I check my PSI, it says everything is patched and there are no problems. Bu I know I have at least 2 end-0f-life programs installed. The scan takes less than a minute when it used to take up to 20 minutes.

bibarnes RE: I'm not getting the correct information.
Member 2nd Aug, 2010 15:38
Score: 0
User Since: 28th Apr 2010
System Score: N/A
Last edited on 2nd Aug, 2010 15:39
I am getting the opposite. I removed team Viewer and rescanned and still get he message that it needs to be updated. The Adobe updates do not load and the Java updates (2 of them identical) require an uninstall which was done and still show up as problems. Not sure if it is a MS or Secunia problem. I have started to ignore it and am contemplating just removing it (Seunia) altogether.

--
Bibarnes
Was this reply relevant?
+0
This user no longer exists RE: I'm not getting the correct information.
Member 2nd Aug, 2010 15:53
Hi,

Please check all other tabs for the missing software. If you find it somewhere with unexpected version info, or other complications, please post the program name and the contents of the fileld "Installation path" for this entry here.

If the programs are nowhere to be found you can scroll to the bottom of the Secure/Insecure/End-Of-Life tab and click "Program missing? Click here to suggest it". Then you should navigate to the main executable, (preferably) fill out the name and comment fields, and suggest it. We will then ensure the program is detected by the PSI, usually within a few days.

on 2nd Aug, 2010 15:38, bibarnes wrote:
I am getting the opposite. I removed team Viewer and rescanned and still get he message that it needs to be updated. The Adobe updates do not load and the Java updates (2 of them identical) require an uninstall which was done and still show up as problems. Not sure if it is a MS or Secunia problem. I have started to ignore it and am contemplating just removing it (Seunia) altogether.

Hi,
Problems updating third-party software aren't usually caused by either Secunia or Microsoft, but by the vendor that publishes the patches. Keep in mind the PSI only provides solutions as recommended by the vendors themself.

If you are running Adobe Reader 9.x, it will be necessary to install updates incrementally. This means that you first have to update to the 9.3.x series, then to 9.3.3.x, in two steps.

As for Java, it is known for having the bad habit of leaving behind old versions. If you click "+" next to the program entry, you should be able to see the field "Installation path". This field shows you where the file is located.

Removing the Secunia PSI will not have patched any of the problems - only shut up the warning.

hope this helps.
Was this reply relevant?
+0

This thread has been marked as locked.