Forum Thread: Adobe Air 2.0 cannot update twice

You are currently viewing a forum thread in the Secunia Community Forum. Please note that opinions expressed here are not of Secunia but solely reflect those of the user who wrote it.

This thread was submitted in the following forum:
Programs

Relating to this vendor:
Adobe Systems
And, this specific program:
Adobe AIR 2.x

This thread has been marked as resolved.
wally's dad Adobe Air 2.0 cannot update twice
Member 11th Aug, 2010 15:00
Ranking: 0
User Since: 22nd Jun, 2010
System Score: N/A
Today I suddenly had 2 instances of insecure Adobe Air files. After downloading the solution and running AdobeAIRInstaller.exe , the first insecure file was removed (fixed). However, the second instance remained insecure -location:
D:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Flash CS5\AIK2.0\runtimes\air\win\Adobe AIR\Versions\1.0\Adobe AIR.dll
Version detected is 2.0.1.12090. Download Solution takes me to the same download and when running it, the error msg says: "This version of Adobe Air is already installed on your system". Attempting to Uninstall from Win 7's (32 bit) Control Panel>Programs and Features warns that uninstalling will make Adobe Community Help and Adobe Media Player no longer able to work.
And yes, I have re-booted and rescanned several times... anybody out there have a fix?

Post "RE: Adobe Air 2.0 cannot update twice" has been selected as an answer.
This user no longer exists RE: Adobe Air 2.0 cannot update twice
Member 11th Aug, 2010 15:13
Hi,

The second detection of Adobe Air was bundled with another Adobe Product. If you rescan your system, it should hopefully no longer be shown.

hope this helps.
Was this reply relevant?
+0

This thread has been marked as locked.