Forum Thread: Feedback: always update to most current version

You are currently viewing a forum thread in the Secunia Community Forum. Please note that opinions expressed here are not of Secunia but solely reflect those of the user who wrote it.

This thread was submitted in the following forum:
PSI 2.0 Beta

This thread has been marked as locked.
lvd Feedback: always update to most current version
Member 14th Aug, 2010 00:53
Ranking: 2
User Since: 8th Mar, 2010
System Score: N/A
Hi,

I would like PSI to auto-update to the most current version of a program, even when there are no security fixes in an update.

In my case, I see that PSI can patch Pidgin. But it doesn't do that, because the database has 2.7.2 as current version - though 2.7.3 is out for nearly week.

I'm aware that 2.7.3 has no security fixes and of the policy only to propose or execute updates if vulnerabilities will be fixed. But I think, if PSI can already update the program for security reason, there should be an option to keep it always up-to-date, regardless for whatever reason.

Maybe this could be optional. With a check mark for "always update to the most current version - even when no security fixes are applied" which is not on by default and in the Auto-Updates tab.

Maurice Joyce RE: Feedback: always update to most current version
Handling Contributor 14th Aug, 2010 08:40
Score: 12325
User Since: 4th Jan 2009
System Score: N/A
@ivd
Although the Secunia staff do trawl the Forum over the weekend U should not expected a reply until next week from them.

--
Maurice

Microsoft Surface 4 Intel i7 64Bit
Windows 10 Pro version 1809 Build 17763.404
16 GB RAM
IE & Edge Only
Was this reply relevant?
+1
This user no longer exists RE: Feedback: always update to most current version
Member 16th Aug, 2010 12:25
Hi,

I have forwarded your suggestion, where it will be considered for future versions. Thank you for caring about the quality of the PSI.
Was this reply relevant?
+0

This thread has been marked as locked.