Forum Thread: Show devices in Profile

You are currently viewing a forum thread in the Secunia Community Forum. Please note that opinions expressed here are not of Secunia but solely reflect those of the user who wrote it.

This thread was submitted in the following forum:
Open Discussions

This thread has been marked as locked.
CFischer Show devices in Profile
Member 14th Aug, 2010 19:40
Ranking: 0
User Since: 22nd Dec, 2007
System Score: N/A
Hello,

as you are able to define a profile to more than one device (PC, Laptop) it would be a great thing to see all defined devices in the profile.
I think it is also a good idea as it could be happen that the Secunia Score includes also a device which is no longer in use and therefore it minimize your score as you didn't have 100% on this device. So you are able to remove it from the score in the profile and correct your score.

With best regards
Christoph.

--
Together we can reach any star!

This user no longer exists RE: Show devices in Profile
Member 16th Aug, 2010 12:33
Hi,

Before I forward your suggestion, could I ask you to clarify a bit? By devices, do you mean connected drives to your one computer? And if so, do you want an overview of several computers in the Profile tab?

I should remind you that the PSI is intended for Home users, which means that features that work on several machines are generally kept in the CSI (Corporate Software Inspector), though I would be happy to forward your suggestion if you can clarify.

thank you for caring about the quality of the PSI.
Was this reply relevant?
+0
CFischer RE: Show devices in Profile
Member 17th Aug, 2010 20:59
Score: 0
User Since: 22nd Dec 2007
System Score: N/A
Hello Emil,

thanks for your reply. Please find below my clarification.

on 16th Aug, 2010 12:33, wrote:
By devices, do you mean connected drives to your one computer? And if so, do you want an overview of several computers in the Profile tab?

No, with devices I mean a single computer.
Yes, I want to see an overview of several computers who are defined to my profile.

on 16th Aug, 2010 12:33, wrote:
I should remind you that the PSI is intended for Home users, which means that features that work on several machines are generally kept in the CSI (Corporate Software Inspector), though I would be happy to forward your suggestion if you can clarify.

I want to highlight that I'm using PSI only on my home pc and laptop! But as you know you can attach your Secunia profile to more than one pc or laptop. I have a pc and a laptop in use and have one laptop which I have formatted but was also attached to my Secunia profile. The problem was that for this laptop the score was not 100% and therefore my concern was that the last value below 100% will be add to my normal score for the other pc and laptop. Therefore the average is always below 100% and it would make life easier to see how many and which pc and laptops are attached to the Secunia profile. If you can see them you can remove them from the list that the value will not be incorporated by the one laptop which is no longer in use.

Maybe I'm wrong with this comment, otherwise just let me know how I can remove the formatted laptop from the score to get again back 100%.

Many thanks,
Christoph.

--
Together we can reach any star!
Was this reply relevant?
+0
This user no longer exists RE: Show devices in Profile
Member 18th Aug, 2010 08:44
Hi,

Okay, thank you for the clarification. I'll make sure to forward your request to our developers. If you want your 100% score back, though, the only solution is to patch whatever's missing on your laptop. :)

hope this helps.

Was this reply relevant?
+0

This thread has been marked as locked.