Forum Thread: re-adobe flash 10.x

You are currently viewing a forum thread in the Secunia Community Forum. Please note that opinions expressed here are not of Secunia but solely reflect those of the user who wrote it.

This thread was submitted in the following forum:
Open Discussions

This thread has been marked as resolved.
joesoap re-adobe flash 10.x
Member 15th Aug, 2010 11:50
Ranking: 3
User Since: 1st Aug, 2009
System Score: N/A
Hi, I am having trouble again with adobe 10.x. tried download via secunia, won,t let me, even when I save it and try to run as adminisrator.This seems to always happen with this updat. tried download new version, same.I ,m positive I have the latest version.Appreciate any help please. windows vista premium, 32 bit

Post "RE: re-adobe flash 10.x" has been selected as an answer.
joesoap RE: re-adobe flash 10.x
Member 15th Aug, 2010 14:06
Score: 3
User Since: 1st Aug 2009
on 15th Aug, 2010 11:50, joesoap wrote:
Hi, I am having trouble again with adobe 10.x. tried download via secunia, won,t let me, even when I save it and try to run as adminisrator.This seems to always happen with this updat. tried download new version, same.I ,m positive I have the latest version.Appreciate any help please. windows vista premium, 32 bit

UPDATE> I have uninstalled flash, and tried to re-instal it, but cannot run it, so psi is telling me I have unpatched end of life even though it,s uninstalled and cannot re-instal it. Any help please
Was this reply relevant?
+0
dracudok RE: re-adobe flash 10.x
Member 15th Aug, 2010 14:59
Score: 42
User Since: 14th Jun 2009
Hi joesoap,

perhaps the following procedure will help you:

1. Download the flash uninstaller from her:
http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/141/tn_14157.html

2. Login to your OS as administrator and execute the uninstaller.

3. Restart your computer and login again as administator.

4. Open Windows explorer and see if the folder
c:\windows\system32\Macromed (or c:\windows\syswow64\Macromed
if you are using an x64 OS) still exists. If true, simply delete the folder
Macromed.

5. Download the present version of the flashplayer from here:
http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/191/tn_19166.html#main_Ma...

Download and install either the ActiveX-Version, if you use Internet Explorer or the plugin version if you use another browser or both if you use several browsers.

dracudok
Was this reply relevant?
+2
Member 15th Aug, 2010 15:25
Hi, Thanks for reply.used uninstaller succesfully. downloaded again , but from filehippo, still cannot run, even as admin, or open.uninstaller still in bin.installer on descktop.stuck.advice appreciated
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Member 15th Aug, 2010 15:43
on 15th Aug, 2010 15:25, joesoap wrote:
Hi, Thanks for reply.used uninstaller succesfully. downloaded again , but from filehippo, still cannot run, even as admin, or open.uninstaller still in bin.installer on descktop.stuck.advice appreciated

UPDATE, I am a bit confused about macromed folder.I have the folder in search,is it this I delete, not use my browser to find folder.getting rather confused
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Member 15th Aug, 2010 16:33
Hi, sorted now thanks. All as you said.Had the same thing june, all day,to sort it.for some reason, downloading from adobe, as you said succeeded, as filehippo, did not, but, you have to have the add on, dlm.however, appreciate your help.caio
Was this reply relevant?
+0

This thread has been marked as locked.