Forum Thread: Secunia PSI aborts at Step 7

You are currently viewing a forum thread in the Secunia Community Forum. Please note that opinions expressed here are not of Secunia but solely reflect those of the user who wrote it.

This thread was submitted in the following forum:
PSI

This thread has been marked as locked.
LesNMeyers Secunia PSI aborts at Step 7
Member 17th Aug, 2010 14:41
Ranking: 0
User Since: 12th Nov, 2009
System Score: N/A
This program had been running flawlessly over the last 6 months or more. Today, it reflected no patched programs on my XP computer. It starts to scan, going from Step 1 to 2, then immediately to Step 7, before spontaneously aborting. I am running Version 1.5.0.2.

I exited Secunia from the System tray (Taskbar) and reloaded it from the Start Menu. It has been running the message "Please wait while network connectivity is verified" for the last 10 minutes. My Internet connection is up and running at 100 mps.

About a week ago, I had some crash issues which failed to clear with Task Manager. Only the power button would shut the computer off. Services showed several cacls.exe and some dumprog.exe entries. I tried several System Restore dates, but none were successful. I finally had to use an Acronis True Image to restore my C drive. The image was from early May, but all the Microsoft updates that I installed recently were all there. Recently, there was another update that was quite large (14). I let it run all night and in the morning it was still updating 1 of 14. I rebooted and ran the updates directly from the Microsoft Website and it seemed to go okay.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Les

This user no longer exists RE: Secunia PSI aborts at Step 7
Member 17th Aug, 2010 14:54
Hi,

Have you tried setting up your IE like described in this FAQ item?
http://secunia.com/vulnerability_scanning/personal...

Was this reply relevant?
+0
LesNMeyers RE: Secunia PSI aborts at Step 7
Member 17th Aug, 2010 16:54
Score: 0
User Since: 12th Nov 2009
System Score: N/A
Hi Emil,

I followed your suggestions for configuring IE. I only us IE when updating Microsoft files or when a Website has not configured all its pages for Firefox and I run into a problem with part of a page (which happens more often than I would want).

There must have been an update for IE in this last batch. You would think that Microsoft would alert you to changes that would affect programs that you might be running, but I guess that's expecting a bit too much from the computer company that rules by monopoly.

Thanks for your help,
Les
Was this reply relevant?
+0

This thread has been marked as locked.