Forum Thread: Installer integrity check failure?

You are currently viewing a forum thread in the Secunia Community Forum. Please note that opinions expressed here are not of Secunia but solely reflect those of the user who wrote it.

This thread was submitted in the following forum:
PSI

This thread has been marked as locked.
marielprobst Installer integrity check failure?
Member 27th Aug, 2010 15:06
Ranking: 0
User Since: 27th Jun, 2010
System Score: N/A
Hi,

I've been using PSI for a long time on my previous computer. I just got a new computer and when I tried to download PSI from secunia.com, I immediately go an error message that reads, "Installer integrity check has failed. Common causes include incomplete download and damaged media. Contact the installer's author to obtain a new copy."

Does anyone know why this is happening? I don't know where to start looking.

I am running Windows Home Premium 64.
Marie

This user no longer exists RE: Installer integrity check failure?
Member 27th Aug, 2010 15:19
Hi,

I suggest you try clearing your temporary internet files and re-downloading the file from here: ftp://ftp.secunia.com/PSISetup.exe

If this does not help, perhaps using a download manager or another browser might.

hope this helps.
Was this reply relevant?
+0
marielprobst RE: Installer integrity check failure?
Member 27th Aug, 2010 16:07
Score: 0
User Since: 27th Jun 2010
System Score: N/A
Thank you, Emil. It was the browser. I had IE 64 bit open. When I tried to install one of the Adobe applications, I got an error message about it not running in 64 bit and gave instructions to open IE 32 and try again. When I saw that it worked, I tried PSI installation again in IE 32 bit and it worked!
Regards and thank you again...
Marie
Was this reply relevant?
+0

This thread has been marked as locked.