Forum Thread: Flash Player 7 End-of-Life -- Different Issue

You are currently viewing a forum thread in the Secunia Community Forum. Please note that opinions expressed here are not of Secunia but solely reflect those of the user who wrote it.

This thread was submitted in the following forum:
PSI

This thread has been marked as locked.
CraigS0726 Flash Player 7 End-of-Life -- Different Issue
Member 3rd Sep, 2010 12:57
Ranking: 7
User Since: 2nd Mar, 2010
System Score: N/A
My PSI issue is with Flash 7.0.14.0 BUT having Uninstalled P-Shop Elements years ago and Reader a year ago I presume that is why I Do Not have "Adobe" in C:\Programs at all. I find NO sign of a Flash 7.

Control Panel Add/Delete Only shows Flash 10 (Active X AND A Plugin line = 2 entries) and IE7 Addons (10i.ocx) & Firefox Plugins (10.1.82.76) appear OK .

Contrary to the PSI path shown The Only "Flash" Folder I have is Not a sub-Folder of C:\Windows\System32\Flash.OCX (per PSI) - BUT OF C:\Windows\system32\Macromed as indicated in another post 11 months ago about this same End-of-Life issue.

Is "Disregard" the appropriate solution here per above? Any direction is much appreciated!

This user no longer exists RE: Flash Player 7 End-of-Life -- Different Issue
Member 3rd Sep, 2010 13:58
Hi,

Which path is the PSI showing? If it is listing a directory, that folder will exist.

Flash Player 7 is EOL, so the updates will not actually upgrade 7.x, but install the newest version.
This also means that, even after installing the update, the EOL version will still be present.

hope this helps.
Was this reply relevant?
+0
CraigS0726 RE: Flash Player 7 End-of-Life -- Different Issue
Member 3rd Sep, 2010 17:28
Score: 7
User Since: 2nd Mar 2010
Emil, my bad. I looked for Flash.OCX as a system32 Folder and not as a file. Anything with numbers in it (ie) flash10i.ocx are in a subfolder of Macromed, where system32 has just "Flash.OCX", so in my logic that would not have anything to do with resolving a Flash 7 issue - thus i looked for a Folder with more in it.

Based on an Oct. '09 thread the post-er then - & now I - renamed it Flash.OCX.PSI and I'll wait awhile & see what happens.

PSI NOW indicates No Issues After I Re-Named Flash.OCX. Will advise if more problems surface. Thanks again
Was this reply relevant?
+0
snoopy78 RE: Flash Player 7 End-of-Life -- Different Issue
Member 4th Sep, 2010 00:38
Score: 5
User Since: 3rd Sep 2010
on 3rd Sep, 2010 13:58, wrote:

Flash Player 7 is EOL, so the updates will not actually upgrade 7.x, but install the newest version.
hope this helps.

I had the same problem with other programs. Installed new version, but still this problem until I've seen, that there are only old files in a folder.
Could there be a hint in the list, that new persons know, what they should do? I've instllad all new versions, but haven't thougt, that not installed, but existing files could cause this "error".
I think, the hint to delete the old version after installling the new one will be enough.

Greetings, Markus
Was this reply relevant?
+0

This thread has been marked as locked.