Forum Thread: Automatic program upgrade replace all localized versions with Eng...

You are currently viewing a forum thread in the Secunia Community Forum. Please note that opinions expressed here are not of Secunia but solely reflect those of the user who wrote it.

This thread was submitted in the following forum:
PSI 2.0 Beta

This thread has been marked as locked.
emalhamalla Automatic program upgrade replace all localized versions with English
Member 9th Sep, 2010 09:39
Ranking: 0
User Since: 9th Sep, 2010
System Score: N/A
Hello Forum Members,

I noticed yesterday that Firefox was upgraded automatically on one of my machines. Unfortunately French version was replaced with English one.

I do some tests on other computers and figured out that all localizations and localized versions of programs are not upgraded (for example TortoiseSVN need to upgrade both Tortoise and French language pack to make new version work with localization).

Is there any chance to set preference to prefer French versions over English? Or, if not, is there any chance to implement such future?

Best regards,
Erwin

This user no longer exists RE: Automatic program upgrade replace all localized versions with English
Member 9th Sep, 2010 11:14
Hi,

Currently, the PSI 2.0 Auto-Update feature does not support localization. This is considered a bug, and will be fixed in later revisions. Updates that are applied manually should still retain the localizations, though.

hope this helps.
Was this reply relevant?
+0

This thread has been marked as locked.