Forum Thread: PSI 2.0 Beta feedback

You are currently viewing a forum thread in the Secunia Community Forum. Please note that opinions expressed here are not of Secunia but solely reflect those of the user who wrote it.

This thread was submitted in the following forum:
PSI 2.0 Beta

This thread has been marked as locked.
alanfeld PSI 2.0 Beta feedback
Member 9th Sep, 2010 09:44
Ranking: 5
User Since: 19th Dec, 2007
System Score: N/A
Very cool update. Just ran it and it not only alerted me to the fact that there's a new version of Mozilla Firefox which just came out ... but it even updated it automatically for me.

But now that Secunia PSI is actually "modifying" systems ... why is there no place in the UI to "show" the user that Secunia actually updated an application?

I mean instead of showing a "huge" graph of green and yellow bars (which I don't really find particularly useful) why not make that graph smaller and insert a "log" which shows all of the applications which have been updated automatically?

Cheers,

Alan

This user no longer exists RE: PSI 2.0 Beta feedback
Member 9th Sep, 2010 11:09
Hi,

It is possible to see if a program has been automatically updated by double-clicking it's entry under Results. Under the box labeled "Auto-Update setting" there will be an overview of installed updates.

However, since your observation concerns a single, global update log, which is currently not a part of the PSI 2.0 beta, I have forwarded your suggestion to our developers.

Thank you for your feedback.
Was this reply relevant?
+0
alanfeld RE: PSI 2.0 Beta feedback
Member 9th Sep, 2010 11:34
Score: 5
User Since: 19th Dec 2007
System Score: N/A
Thanks for passing along my suggestion to the developers Emil ! And thanks for pointing out where I can at least find information on auto-updates for each individual application.

Cheers,

Alan
Was this reply relevant?
+0

This thread has been marked as locked.