Forum Thread: Adobe Reader 9.x

You are currently viewing a forum thread in the Secunia Community Forum. Please note that opinions expressed here are not of Secunia but solely reflect those of the user who wrote it.

This thread was submitted in the following forum:
Programs

Relating to this vendor:
Adobe Systems
And, this specific program:
Adobe Reader 9.x

This thread has been marked as locked.
RIONA Adobe Reader 9.x
Member 12th Sep, 2010 21:51
Ranking: 0
User Since: 10th Jun, 2010
System Score: N/A
I have tried without success to try and get rid of this security risk,as it is
according to Secunia a category five threat,I can not clear it at all from
my system,I even went to the add or remove section and deleted it but
even after a Secunia scan it still remains,any idea's on this.

Maurice Joyce RE: Adobe Reader 9.x
Handling Contributor 12th Sep, 2010 21:59
Score: 12325
User Since: 4th Jan 2009
System Score: N/A
FINDING A FILE PATH - ALL PSI VERSIONS EXCEPT VERSION 2 (BETA)

To locate the exact file that the Secunia PSI has detected, use or switch to the ADVANCED interface, then :

1 Click on the + sign of the programme to "expand' it.
2 Click on Technical Details in the Toolbox to see the installation path of the detected file. (Copy (CTRL+C) & paste (CTRL+V) the Installation Path of the file back to the Forum if U are unsure what to do next.

PSI VERSION 2 (BETA)

From the DASHBOARD page click on RESULTS.

1. This will show U the file that is vulnerable.
2. Click the + sign next to the file.
3. This will reveal the path.
4. Highlight it then copy (CTRL+C) & then paste (CTRL+V) that path back to the Forum if U do not know what to do next.

Update 4 20:22 03/09/2010

--
Maurice

Microsoft Surface 4 Intel i7 64Bit
Windows 10 Pro version 1809 Build 17763.404
16 GB RAM
IE & Edge Only
Was this reply relevant?
+2
This user no longer exists RE: Adobe Reader 9.x
Member 13th Sep, 2010 08:58
Hi,

If you follow Maurice's instructions above, and post the "Installation Path" here, it should be possible to resolve your issue.

You should be aware that occasionally on updating, products from some vendors leave behind old versions of the software. This means that occasionally, even though all patches are installed, the remaining installation of the insecure version will cause the PSI to continue to warn you against the insecurity (This is no longer an issue in the Secunia PSI 2.0 Beta).

To see if the secure version was successfully installed, switch to advanced mode (by clicking "Advanced" in the top right corner), and check the "Patched" tab. If Adobe Reader is present here, you have installed all available patches. If it is also present on the "Insecure" tab, the entry on the Insecure tab indicates the version that was left behind.

Another issue with Adobe Reader that you should be aware of, is that the patching is incremental. This means that, go get from version 9.0 to 9.3.4 (which is the latest secure version), first you need to install the 9.3 patch, then the 9.3.2 patch, then 9.3.3, then 9.3.4. Please note that these patches are prepared by the vendor, and we have no control over how they function.

hope this helps.
Was this reply relevant?
+0

This thread has been marked as locked.