Forum Thread: Forum account problems

You are currently viewing a forum thread in the Secunia Community Forum. Please note that opinions expressed here are not of Secunia but solely reflect those of the user who wrote it.

This thread was submitted in the following forum:
All Threads

This thread has been marked as locked.
xerces8 Forum account problems
Member 14th Sep, 2010 17:56
Ranking: 5
User Since: 14th Sep, 2010
System Score: N/A
I keep having problems with the Secunia profile/forum account.

Today I tried to log in on the web page, but it refused.
So I went with the Forgot password link. It sayed it sent an email, but I never received anything.

Then, I went in PSI to the "Recover Existing Registration" , entered my username and email, clicked "Recover Profile". Again I should get an email, but nothing arrived.

Finally, I went on the web pages to register a new account. That worked and this is how I write this post. Strangely, it did not complain that the username and email were already registered. Are account purged after a while?

Regards,
David

This user no longer exists RE: Forum account problems
Member 15th Sep, 2010 10:33
Hi,

No, your account should stay permenantly once added, unless you manually delete your account.

Have you verified that you were trying to recover the password of *exactly* the same username as your originally registered? If there is a single character changed, it is treated like a different user.

Are you using the same email account you used when you originally registered for this forum? If not, the recovery emails you requested will have been sent to that account.

hope this helps.
Was this reply relevant?
+0
xerces8 RE: Forum account problems
Member 15th Sep, 2010 15:12
Score: 5
User Since: 14th Sep 2010
System Score: N/A
I used the same email as before. I still have forum notifications in my inbox from before. For example:

http://secunia.com/community/forum/thread/show/378...

On that page it says "This user no longer exists".
Was this reply relevant?
+0

This thread has been marked as locked.