Forum Thread: GNASH

You are currently viewing a forum thread in the Secunia Community Forum. Please note that opinions expressed here are not of Secunia but solely reflect those of the user who wrote it.

This thread was submitted in the following forum:
Programs

Relating to this vendor:
GNU Project
And, this specific program:
GNU Core Utilities (coreutils) 7.x

This thread has been marked as locked.
pmaxmueller GNASH
Member 16th Sep, 2010 11:09
Ranking: 0
User Since: 12th Jul, 2010
System Score: N/A
Thanks for telling us an alternative to adobe flash player. Is there somewhere an instruction of how to install the GNU Gnash Flash player? I am not used to install software out of a tar file.
Paul

This user no longer exists RE: GNASH
Member 16th Sep, 2010 11:21
Hi,

Secunia is not related to GNASH or the GNU Project: I merely pointed out the existence of the player in responce to a question. The choice of which software to use is entirely up to you, and Secunia does not, and will not, endorse any specific product. However, since you ask, I'll be happy to help.

This is the official site of the GNASH player: http://www.gnu.org/software/gnash/

The tar installer is mostly likely for UNIX-like systems (GNU/Linux, *bsd, etc), since this is a format typically used on these platforms. This is the GNU Project's download link for GNASH for Win32 platforms: http://getgnash.org/packages/releases/windows/

They added this notice to their link, however:
"Win32 users can now download an executable based on the 0.8.2 release, which is now seriously out of date, and won't work with YouTube."

hope this helps.
Was this reply relevant?
+0
pmaxmueller RE: GNASH
Member 16th Sep, 2010 12:16
Score: 0
User Since: 12th Jul 2010
System Score: N/A
Thanks for your quick answer. It seems to be for a windows user an unpleasant choce: Or you use adobe flahs player all the same and accept the risk or you renounce on it. But this means that I cannot see some websites.
Was this reply relevant?
+0

This thread has been marked as locked.