Forum Thread: IDM cc Extension

You are currently viewing a forum thread in the Secunia Community Forum. Please note that opinions expressed here are not of Secunia but solely reflect those of the user who wrote it.

This thread was submitted in the following forum:
PSI 2.0 Beta

This thread has been marked as locked.
USOY IDM cc Extension
Member 20th Sep, 2010 17:16
Ranking: 0
User Since: 20th Jul, 2009
System Score: N/A
Hi,
I use Internet Download Manager. When I click on patch your PC. I got this error..."cannot transfer to IDM error 0x8001010D." Note IDM did eventually start then downloaded. However the above error did pop up prior. Just wanted to let you guys know. Keep up the good work!

Regards
-James

This user no longer exists RE: IDM cc Extension
Member 21st Sep, 2010 09:07
Hi,

Is this error message triggered from within the PSI user interface? If so, where? The PSI should only offer to open links in your default browser - there is currently no option to use download managers.

hope this helps.
Was this reply relevant?
+0
USOY RE: IDM cc Extension
Member 21st Sep, 2010 16:31
Score: 0
User Since: 20th Jul 2009
System Score: N/A
Hi,
What I was doing was updating Quicktime. Normally to do this I would go to Apples website then download it from there. My download manager (Internet Download Manager) would kick in at that point. My browsers are the latest versions of IE and Firefox. No betas. Firefox is my default for security reasons. The error was a pop-up box while using PSI 2.0 Beta. I clicked on "patch your PC". Then I clicked "results" . Then I click on "install solution". At that point I got the error box, however the download manager still executed, and downloaded as normal.

The reason I use the (IDM) is my downloads are much faster and can be resumed. Not sure how popular it is in the Secunia community. Its really not a big deal, I was able to download and update, just the same. I just wanted provide feedback on this beta version. I don't recall having this problem in earlier versions of PSI. Never the less I rely on both my download manager (for speed) and Secunia (for safety).

There seems to be small conflict between the Install Solution execution process (Secunia Interface) and the Internet Download manager execution both working through the browser? I don't know. I hope I provided enough to help down the road. Perhaps a workaround could be to suspend using (IDM) while downloading through the Secunia Interface. Thanks for your time

Regards
-James
Was this reply relevant?
+0
This user no longer exists RE: IDM cc Extension
Member 22nd Sep, 2010 10:22
Hi,

Thank you for all your feedback.
We will be looking into this issue.
Was this reply relevant?
+0

This thread has been marked as locked.