Forum Thread: Great Interface

You are currently viewing a forum thread in the Secunia Community Forum. Please note that opinions expressed here are not of Secunia but solely reflect those of the user who wrote it.

This thread was submitted in the following forum:
PSI 2.0 Beta

This thread has been marked as locked.
RickSaf Great Interface
Member 21st Sep, 2010 14:22
Ranking: 0
User Since: 20th Sep, 2010
System Score: N/A
Wow you guys have excelled in your interface with the 2.0 Beta. I love it great product thank you.

ddferrari RE: Great Interface
Member 21st Sep, 2010 22:38
Score: 0
User Since: 17th Mar 2009
Last edited on 21st Sep, 2010 22:38
I agree- the user interface looks great! It seems so much less cluttered that at first I thought you got rid of a lot of features, but a closer looks shows everything to be intact. Since my desktop scored a perfect 100% (as usual- thanks to you guys!), I haven't seen the icons for the options when a program is insecure... I'm sure they'll look great.

I also like that you got rid of the "simple/advanced option", as I felt that anyone opting for the simple option was defeating the purpose of Secunia, by skipping the "harder-to-patch" programs.

The ONLY thing I liked better about the old UI, and it's pretty nit-picky, were the overview/dashboard graph bars. I liked the richer green color and the wider, beefier look of them. The new ones are sort of faint and dainty.

Thanks for a great product, Secunia team!

ddferrari
Was this reply relevant?
+0
This user no longer exists RE: Great Interface
Member 22nd Sep, 2010 10:47
Hi,

Thank you both for all your feedback!

on 21st Sep, 2010 22:38, ddferrari wrote:

The ONLY thing I liked better about the old UI, and it's pretty nit-picky, were the overview/dashboard graph bars. I liked the richer green color and the wider, beefier look of them. The new ones are sort of faint and dainty.

Actually, the change in graphics on the Dashboard is considered an improvement, not a degradement. Let me explain.
The PSI in 1.x versions used Adobe Flash to display it's graphics, since one could reasonable assume that the vast majority of users would have this product installed.
However, this created several issues, and could complicate updating the ActiveX version of Flash. Now, the PSI is entirely "clean" from Flash - It will display the graphics whether or not Flash is installed. I'll ensure that your remark regarding the colors reach our developers, though.

hope this helps.
Was this reply relevant?
+0
peersi RE: Great Interface
Member 23rd Sep, 2010 08:32
User Since: 18th Jan 2008
Hi I'm using the new beta interface which SEEMS great but I've not got any colour bar in the bottom section of the dashboard showing what percentage score I've got. Can anyone suggest anything since it's now not flash ? (I'm running with version 3.6.10 of Firefox on Windows 7)
Was this reply relevant?
+0
This user no longer exists RE: Great Interface
Member 23rd Sep, 2010 08:45
on 23rd Sep, 2010 08:32, peersi wrote:
Hi I'm using the new beta interface which SEEMS great but I've not got any colour bar in the bottom section of the dashboard showing what percentage score I've got. Can anyone suggest anything since it's now not flash ? (I'm running with version 3.6.10 of Firefox on Windows 7)

Hi,

Are you using the Internet Explorer 9 Beta? If so, there won't be any graphics in the PSI 2.0 Beta.

This is a known bug, and we are working to resolve it. Thank you for your feedback.
Was this reply relevant?
+0
peersi RE: Great Interface
Member 23rd Sep, 2010 09:17
User Since: 18th Jan 2008
Aah yes I did indeed download the new IE Beta (don't know why as I don't use it !) Thanks for your very prompt reply.
Was this reply relevant?
+0

This thread has been marked as locked.